sailing through paradise!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
June 12th 2007
Published: June 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

just a quickie...were back after 3 days sailing the whitsundays! it was the worlds most unbelieveable weather (MADE UP FOR FRASER). the first day we did loads of sailing but got to whitehaven beach in time for the sunset (but most of us tired girlies slept through it!) then we had dinner and goon...what else to drink in oz!

the next moring we were breakfasted and on whitehaven beach (officially the world best beach) by 8am. spent a few hours there...on the white sand beach...before getting back on board for some more sailing. after lunch we snorkelled....my fear of fish is going slightly which is good....and we saw some amazing colours of fish on the great barrier reef! on the 2nd snorkel i stayed in the boat but we took museli with us and fed the fish! it was so cool to have schools of tropical fish swarming our arms!

that evening was fun....many drinking games....and strip poker! which i am pleased to say we girls won! (mummy and aunty caroline....your efforts in portugal were not wasted! oh and i hope millie had a good bday!). deary even managed to almost gain a hoodie!

discovered that sleeping on a boat isnt amazing for a hangover this morning but despite that we were up early for breakfast. then we made the most of being on an ex-racing yacht...we raced a boat back to the harbour (and won of course!) but we sailed most of the way at 45 degrees! incredible!

were in airlie beach for a few days now....ou with everyone from the boat tonight should be fun!
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb