tropics? hmmm...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello,

hope all has been good at home...its been interesting here...

we arrived in cairns just under a week ago, after a one night stop over in magnetic island! weather here has been pretty awful, which is annoying becasue we were relying on having a week of sunbathing before we went to new zealand and south africa (both mid winter!). i have now accepted i will have to be buying holiday skin soon!

there isn't loads to do in cairns sadly, except sleep and party, so we've been making the most if that! we went to port douglas for two nights though, that was very nice, quite simimlar to lost - rainforest meets beach (but with a little town). still the weather was awful so we didnt really do much there either, but at least we can say we saw it. actually i'm very impressed we got from melbourne to port douglas in 4 weeks, and i dont feel like we missed anything! ha! sta travel who said we had to spend at least 6 weeks in oz! although i can't complain i have loved this country!

i must admit cairns has been good for socialising...so many drinks offers too!

the night we arrived we went out with kate and her friend charlotte (the one night we crossed over), and we made a pretty good effort of it too! that night we bumped into rob and james, ben and stu, all guys we've been travelling up the coast with! actually, thats the best bit about cairns, every night we go out we bump into someone we've been travelling up with who has just arrived, or is celebrating their last night! its almost like going out back at home with the girls, and bumpnig into everyone en route!

also, we randomly bumped into fen who was in our group in china, and so arranged to go for coffee the next day! we found this amazing coffee shop which does, to put it into english terms coffee and cheesecake with all the heat you could read for about 2 pounds! (mummy you'll be pleased to know the caffeine addiction is still very present!) also we had coffee with kim the lady we met in bali yesterday. it was lovely to catch up with her and she is cooking us dinner tonight! after that we're heading out to the woolshed, for ladies night (free champagne - it been a month since we ast had some its getting quite desperate!), and also seeing our friends nick and catharine who we travelled up with for two weeks. they are getting here in time for our last night...lets just hope we can get up in time to catch our plane tomorrow!

oh and most importantly...i am now the proud owner of real uggs! you've got to love austrailia!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb