The Kiwi Experience!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Franz Josef
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello, well we've been moving incredibly fast, meeting loads of people, being absolutely frozen and coming down with colds.

We started off with two nights in Chrstchurch....its absolutlely goregeous! It's supposedly the most English part of New Zealand. It basically looked like Cambridgle. The cold was a bit of a shock and I ended up buying one of those hats with ear flap that I wouldn't be seen dead in at hoe, but have been living in here! We did all the touristy stuff...Cathedral, Art Gallery, Botanical Gardens. All very lovely!

Then we joined our Kiwi Expereince bus, our transport for the next few weeks. We headed off to Kaikoura to do whale watching etc but it was cancelled, still it was a good first night getting to know people! Then we moved on to Nelson for the night. On the bus I actualy bumped into Sarah's friend Kes who I've met a few time - very small world! In Nelson we went to the jewellers that made the LOTR rings, and tried the real one on!

I loved the next day, I managed to do a sunset horse tek down the Buller River, absolutely fantastic! Evertime i get back in a horse Iremeber how much I love it!

Yesterday we went for a walk round a seal colony (very cute!) and the headed off to a deserteed hotel 'The Poo Pub' where we had a fancy dress party. The theme was the first letter of your name, so I went as an Eskimo!

Today we arrived in Franz Josef, where the glaciers are. Its very cold, but tomorrow we are climbing the glacier, supposedly one of the ultimate NZ activities! Sholud be fun. Then were on to Queenstown for skiing! We're moving very quickly but having lots of fun!

Aunty Caroline - no bungys or skydives yet, not too sure how far money will stretch, and im saving it all for skiing at the moment! but who knows...maybe (also we didnt do any in Cairns as NZ is supposed to be better!)

Mummy - just out of interest where di the Stanleys emmigrate to?

Aunt T - yes they are real Uggs!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb