sometimes the snow comes down in june...(ok july)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, today on the 2nd of July we went skiing! Its not often you can really say that is it?

We arrived in Queenstown yesterday. I absolutely love it. Quaint isn't quite the right word but it is a very typical skiing town, and look stunning by night. We arrived and most importantly got ourselves sorted with some skiing! However, this was followed by a phone call home when i realised my insurance doesnt cover skiing! (Thank you Mummy and Daddy for sorting that out!)

We seem to have formed a really nice group, three girls three boys and the lot of us headed of to Fergburger for dinner, supposedly world famous but it was very good! Then we headed off to the bar. Lisa, Kim, a couple were with got me addicted to the IT box!

Then today...up at 7 to catch the shuttle bus. The snow to be honest wasn't fantastic, at times I was skiing on grass! Our passes have unlimited lessons, so seeing as I hadn't dome it for so long, I spent all today having lessons, but by the afternoon had the hang of it again, and was having much fun. We're just off now for a bit of 'apres ski!'

What else...well we've spent the last few days touring really from Franz Josef we headed to Lake Wanaka. Its supposed to be stunning but we mainly saw it covered in mist! So instead...we all cooked a big old fry up!

Anyway had better go, am off to straighten my hair for the first time since we've been away...exciting stuff.

More skiing tomorrow, then back to Christchurch for a night!

xx

T - so jealous, that is incredibly cool. What about Alberto though? Can I meet Will?

Wills - dont worry im not doing one and youll be lucky if mummy lets you do one! everyone were with did a very very big one today!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb