Toilets and Sunsets


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lucy and Monique Lucy and Monique Lucy and Monique

In our attractive stinger suits

9th July - The Blender Effect



After a great toilet demonstration yesterday: 1) fill the basin with water, 2) go to the toilet, 3) Blend, 4) Flush it, 5) Flush it, 6) Flush it again (so it doesnt come back to haunt you), we were all very careful to get it right. It's a long process! After thinking it might be the rocking motion of the ship that would keep us up at night it was nothing compared to the sound of 5 seperate toilets all over the ship being used throughout the night.

We got up tired and praying for sunshine at 7.30am. Unfortunately the weather was only slightly better (no rain!), but not bad enough not to go snorkelling luckily. Our first spot was off Black Island in the morning. We got into some stinger suits - the only time anyone should ever wear lyra. Although stingers are not common this time of year it is advisable to wear the suits all the time - 3 million people went snorkelling last year and only 7 got stung - but 2 of those 7 died!!!

We saw quite a few fish this time and the
Gorgeous SunsetGorgeous SunsetGorgeous Sunset

Amy, Danielle, Lucy and Rachel
coral was much more diverse and colourful than when we went snorkelling off Green Island. But the best snorkelling had to be after lunch off the appropriately named 'Luncheon Island'. Everyone was pretty cold after the morning's snorkel and only 6 out of 20 of us went snorkelling in the afternoon. I'm soo glad I did because we saw lots of big fish. We went around the bay in a four: me, Amy and Rachel and Danielle. Two lovely English girls who are living in Australia on a working visa. Rachel kept making strange noises through her snorkel which terrified the rest of us as we kept thinking she had spotted a shark and none of us were ready for that....even if the reef sharks are harmless they don't look it.

After dinner we sailed to our mooring point and watched a glorious sunset! We stayed up slightly later tonight and got to know almost everyone in our group. There is one couple on honeymoon - they're from London and both great people, a dutch family who kept themselves to themselves, three Irish girls who only came out at night for the wine and did no snorkelling, a girl from Cyprus and her boyfriend, another couple from England who only got together 3 months before they decided to go travelling together, a strange Polish couple who kept fighting with the swimming noodles, two awful girls from England who whined about everything but fancied Dave the tour guide, and Monique and Danielle and Rachel - who I think we will remain good friends with.

Lucy x





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb