Dave the Drunk


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

10th July 2008 - Our Last Day of the Whitsundays



We woke up early today, had breakfast and were then taken over to Langford Beach - a sand cay - for our last snorkel. The coral was probably just an inch below the surface off the shore and you arent supposed to touch the coral at all which was....um.....impossible!! We must have destroyed a lot of the Great Barrier Reef that day for which we are very sorry but it just couldnt be helped! I cut my knee on the way in and just after taking my flippers off I trod on a chunk of coral and cut my foot! Ouch! (plus I cut myself of an eskey all the way down the back of my leg at breakfast time) It just wasnt my day.

On our way back to the mainland the sea turned really rough. We were told not to move around the boat at all and put everything we didnt want blown over the side in our bunk. It was so exciting - we had all the sails up and the boat was on its side and water kept coming in. One of the
Our GroupOur GroupOur Group

All of the Derwent Hunter lot!
fridges came loose and slid accross the deck crushing a few people! It was great - you had to hold on so tight just to stay on the boat.

That evening we all met up again at Beaches Hostel Bar. Everyone showed up apart from the Dutch family so very good turn out. Everyone looked so clean I could hardly recognise them. Dave was on his first of four days off and it was very clear what he spends his time doing....he had had a lot of double scotch and lemonade before we even arrived and the English girls looked happy because they thought there luck was in....

We all got pretty drunk (don't worry mum still a very sensible drunk)...and danced to some cheesy tunes.

Dave ended up going home with his ex girlfriend - even after Amy told him off for being boring and not dancing (the guy could hardly stand).

Lucy x










Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Derwent Hunter GirliesThe Derwent Hunter Girlies
The Derwent Hunter Girlies

Aw we will miss them - sob!!


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb