MUM & DAD VISIT MAREEBA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mareeba
September 21st 2011
Published: September 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

As we are spending so much time up here Mum and Dad took the opportunity to take a holiday and visit us. It was great to see them, we haven’t seen anyone we know for over 3 months.
Of course they were wrecked by the time they arrived as they did the drive in very short, fast time. (1000+ km in one day)
They were shocked at how cool and windy it is. No wonder there is talk of another wind farm in the local papers up here.
While they were here we took the opportunity to do as many of the touristy things we could handle.
Mum and Dad showed their age at the Mareeba Heritage Museum where they were pointing out all the things on display in there that they used as kids.
We exhausted the markets at Malanda, Cairns and Kuranda. A few items were purchased…most of them for Miss Ella and Miss Mia of course.
Birdworld at Kuranda was great. One particular parrot fell in love with Mum and eventually we had to physically remove him!
We drove the waterfall circuit, visited the curtain tree fig and the crater and had a nice lunch at the Biodynamic Organic Dairy at Millaa Millaa. The cheescake was very yummy, the best in the world according to the owner!
We also went to the Cairns Wildlife Safari Zoo. Lots of lions and hippos and a bus load of school kids screaming and running around. Just the usual zoo experience.
Time goes fast when you are on holidays and they are on their way home again. This time I pre-booked their accommodation so they couldn’t drive too ridiculous km’s. Still it will only take them three days to get home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb