Day 85


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
July 20th 2010
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Rising early with heavy head and heart as we leave the lads who come over to watch Everton in Brisbane, to return to The Gold Coast for a Photo shoot with The Gold Coast Bulletin and press Interview.

When Philip finish the Marathon here two weeks ago he sent an e mail to the paper to thank the good people of Queensland for all there support in there help to finish the marathon. The paper then contacted him as they loved the story and asked for an Interview ans some pictures, the only problem being we were back in Sydney. Enter Everton who brought us back up to the beautiful state of Queensland to Brisbane. An hour on a train a short bus ride and here we are stood in the park in Southport where Philip had his finest moment two weeks ago.

On a warm Australian winter morning we await the reporter and Photography to come and meet us a world away from the last time we were here in a world of pain emotionally and physically spent although in honour of our return this morning Philip big toe nail has now dropped off . We are them met by two out ragiously attractive young ladies Stephanie the reporter and her photographer. Colleague. Women like this should be being photographed not taking pictures of idiots like Philip .

What then follows is a surreal Photo shoot on the pier at Southport where they have Philip looking ruefully out to see while leaning on the barrier, running up and down the esplanade while smiling cheesily and doing various faux stretches as if warming up, as people walk past staring thinking who’s that. Philip really does feel we have entered some sort of parrerrel universe . Although there more than likely staring at the reporter and her colleague then Philip.

Stephanie then conducts the interview and we tell her all about Bobby and weight loss the charity are travels and she does seem to love it she said she will let me know when the story will run but by the time it hits breakfast tables all over Queensland we will probably be on route to Hollywood it’s a hard life.

Tomorrow we fly back to Sydney for one last night and hopefully we can fit one last run in before we leave this wonderful country and head for our next adventure….


Advertisement



Tot: 0.452s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 70; dbt: 0.3531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb