Cairns - Aug 2009


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
August 5th 2009
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our second trip to Cairns was only 12 months after our initial visit where we had completed a lot of tourist stuff so this trip was more about catching up with family and seeing the city centre.

August isnt quite warm enough to go swimming but nice to not wear a jumper most of the time after winter in perth 😊 My Dad lives in Trinity beach which is about 15 minutes north of Cairns city and is a lovely relaxed area. We ventured to the local footy club for a very cheap meal and drinks and also down to the beach to sit in a cafe and enjoy lunch. Most of the beaches seemed to have playground equipment which is good for the midgit and Trinity Beach is no different, and the big hotel across the road also had a toddler play area inside that was quite handy.

Cairns foreshore is excellent with its huge manmade lagoon on the foreshore full of tourists 😊 there is also a toddler water park just north of the main centre by about 5 minute walk that the midgit had a field day in. I really hope it is warmer next time we go! I really enjoy Cairns too and it reminds me the most of asia, with the laidback holiday feel, cheap foods along the beach and markets in the city.

Our one tourist thing we did was the Karunda skyrail. It was an excellent view out over cairns and to the ocean and Karunda itself was an odd little tourist/hippie town. We weren't interested in buying any tourist trinkets or looking at koalas but if you were new to Australia this would be a great place to visit.

We also had a child free day and went out and played golf! Oh the days when we had 5 hours to ourselves 😊) We played at Cairns Golf course with my step sister and her friends who as amatuer golfers play in single digits. Maybe i was close pre kids but unfortunatly neither I or the hubby play more than about twice a year these days - but nice to get out and enjoy some fresh air.

We spent lots of time with my Dad and his family which was excellent and very good that they got to catch up with the Midgit. I love cairns and it is such a nice relaxing place...cant wait to go back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb