tokyo to cairns 17and18/10


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
October 19th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

decided to stay close to the hostel in the morning so we could easily get to our bags and not miss our flight. We had a picnic in yoyogi park as the weather was excellant. We then went for a look around the shops at harajuku again to kill some time. On our way back to the hostel we got stopped by a woman who I assume was studying English as she wanted us to fill out a questionnaire about english sentences, which we were happy to do.

We then set off for narita airport and our flight to cairns. At the airport we had a last Japanese meal with some leftover yen. And had a look out at the airport at the observation deck.

We arrived in cairns at 4.45am and then got stopped by every security check. We got asked questions by one man then had our bags sniffed by a dog and then had our bags searched and more questions asked. We then got a free bus to our new hostel.

After depositing our bags we took a walk along the promenade and into the town centre to have a look around. Later on we went back into town to have a look at the night market which was quite interesting and has loads of different places to eat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb