Koalas Are Cute!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 28th 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

O guys had to come a do this tonight as had a great day today!!!!

Didn't think i'd enjoy it as much as I did especially when I woke up this morning and realised I wasn't dreaming and my head WAS actually going to drop off from the monstrous hangover I had!!!!............................................................

Today we went to the Lone Pine Koala Santuary........

I HELD A KOALA!!! He was called Kakadu (a name of a ntional park we were meant to go to when up in Darwin- which we didn't- gutted bout that)...................................................He was sooooo cute and fluffy soft!....................... and heavy!

Louisa loved it more than I................. most of her family had been during visits to Oz and they held one called Dave!- how funny! We didn't hold him but I found out where Dave was chilin out for her so she could get to meet him!!!!

They are sooooo cute they are so stoned from the Eucalypus trees that they just curl in a ball in the tree and sleep- big giant balls of fluffy fluff!!!!!!

Later we went into a field type thing full of kangeroos and fed them!! There were some big buggers in there- the males are huge and scary!!! The muscles on them............. not to mention the balls!!!!! Huge I tell you (took a photo as words can't describe!!!) When they fight they can suck them in to protect them!!!!

The hangover was still in full swing for most of the day- and feeling it now- so tired!

On the way home we went to a lookout- the highest piont in Brisbane- Mt Coot-Tha..... great views!

Ahhhhh Koalas!!! They are so cute!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th May 2006

problem solved!
so thats whats making rick sleep all day and being such a lazy bugger. . found some eucalyptus sweets in the car! thanks becky i'll chuck them all out and the worldwind ricky page wiil evolve. . oh and when you home cos will all your boozing we'll need to see if the priory can accommodate you! lovin ur blogs. . keep having fun! x
29th May 2006

hooray
I finally figuredout all this blog stuff wylie, you are looking fabulous!! lone pine is where pete and i went last year! how heavy are the koalas tho?!! vic's birthday on saturday so off out for that! so much happening recently that i must tell you! stay off that gine you big giner!! many glasses together when u get bac, missing you xxxxx
31st May 2006

i want one
can you please please please smuggle me back one of those cute koalas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please please please-i'll be your best friend!!!!!!!!!!
13th June 2006

missing u
hello wylie I am back on here again! tried calling u today but u must still be on the boat i think?!! u need to get another blog going now i have figured it out! me an vix were laughing so much sunday morning at the gine messages we sent u on saturday night!! miss u ao much , its really shit at the moment I have no idea whats goning on with me an pete and feel the most monstrous have ever felt! oh wish was out there with u!! anyway, hope u are having a brilliant time still bec!! los iof love as always, wylue xxxx (oh thats a new one!)

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb