New York trip & cruise 2013


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
September 14th 2013
Published: September 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 1



Left from Brisbane on Saturday 14th September. Lexus staff picked the car up as organised and have taken it to their storage place and will deliver it when we arrive back from overseas - what a fantastic service they provide - love it and it's free!

Flight was uneventful - from Briz to LA was in Premium Economy and then we had an upgrade to Business for the last leg to New York - much nicer!! We didn't get much sleep on either leg of the trip. fortunately it was a quick turnaround from the trip to LA and then the one to NY. We were picked up by the hotel shuttle bus to take us to the hotel for the night in New York - near the airport as we were leaving again the next day.



We found a little Chinese shop and thought we'd give it a try for our dinner that night and it turned out to be really great so we were happy about that.

As mentioned above we left at 10.30 from Briz on Saturday 14th September and arrived in New York on Saturday 14th at 8.30am so we arrived there before we left... work that one out!!

Day 2

Up early and down to the gym around 5.30am and then breakfast. Breakfast was certainly different - powdered scrambled eggs and some sort of bacon - everything we used was disposable. Ended up having a banana on toast and a cup of tea.

We departed from La Guardia airport around lunchtime - took ages to get through Immigration! There must be an easier way of doing it - Noveen and I decided we could do it much easier than all these airports.... of course! The flight was only about an hour but seemed to spend ages in both airports.

We had booked in to the Marriott hotel in town where the rooms are spacious and nice. We had a quick meal downstairs and booked the next couple of days activities. Eventually the jet lag, time change and sheer exhaustion put us to sleep until around 8pm when we got up and went for dinner and a walk. We came across a Stadium which had a door open so decided to check it out - Uni Mauygjhhjkkl stadium and saw the tail end of Ice Hockey game. Later we were told that in Canada it is just called HOCKEY.



Underneath the stadium we discovered a massive convenience store - largest any of us had ever seen - Loblaws or something like that - it had the best selection of anything you could ever want and more!

We wandered on back to the hotel and had a coffee along the way and then went to bed around midnight

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb