Beautiful Brisbane


Advertisement
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Brisbane did not fail to impress us. I say that because it was a nice ease back into the city life after what felt like months away from it. Brisbane is Australia’s third largest city and the newest. It’s pretty, picturesque and with the times but not so with the times as to make your head spin.

The skyline of Brisbane was fantastic – perhaps it’s not in the same league of the New York skyline or London but it was definitely pleasant enough to put a smile on our faces! The best way to get to see it though is on the CityCat. It’s the local public transport that goes up and down the river all day. We jumped on and got to take in everything on the riverside. What is even better is to see the skyline at night. Seeing the business district lit up and the Brisbane Eye lit up in lights on a warm pleasant night was great.

Brisbane also boasts its own little paradise in the city in the form of a man made beach on the Southbank. You can’t help but laugh at the contrast – I was sitting there looking at a beach looked on by high sky-scrapers while Poonam captured it in photos. The warm fuzzy feeling comes when you realise that kids have it good here; swimming and playing in the great outdoors in the middle of the city - something we Brits miss out on.

Some things can only happen in Australia and I had one of those “only in Australia” moments when we spotted a lizard chilling on the river bank. So imagine this – behind you is the man made beach in the city, in front of you is the river and beyond that is the sky line of Brisbane with it’s funky bridges; then there in the middle of that is this two foot lizard on the pedestrian pathway!

Brisbane is a little buzz of great restaurants, bars and things to do. We sat down on the Southbank and had a great Thai meal. One thing you have to love about the hotter countries is that you are always, or a majority of the time at least, guaranteed a table outside. I love being able to eat your dinner al fresco and partake in the best activity on the earth – people watching. There is nothing better than sitting down to dinner with my beautiful wife, watching people pass by and eating a great satay curry! Yum!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th December 2010

Amazing Brisbane, indeed!
I also enjoyed Brisbane just recently. It seems a flourishing city and Southbank is quite something, indeed. Alas, prices especially for food and drinks are very steep. I compiled some impressions on my blog TravelMemo.com http://travelmemo.com/?s=brisbane

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb