Paradise in Surfers


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
December 14th 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Paradise was a little bit of a disappointment to be honest. We had so many expectations but they didn’t fully materialise.

We did have the most amazing accommodation though. We booked ourselves into a one bedroom apartment which turned out to be a jewel! From our grand balcony,
we were looking onto the main road before hitting the ocean. It was great to finally spend some days putting our clothes into a cupboard and not living out of our bags. It felt even better having the freedom to cook in our own kitchen what we liked and in peace! I really cannot fault the accommodation in anyway. The complex had their own pool, spa and mini gym so was a great holiday home.

Surfers Paradise is like the Costa’s of Spain – theme parks, shopping malls and tacky nightlife!One thing I would definitely say Surfers’ has is a magnificent beach. It’s an almost weird feeling of suddenly finding yourself in Dubai! That’s right; the reason I say that is because you have a grand beach and it is looked on by sky scraper apartments – you can’t help but have a quick moment to see if you can find the Burj Al Arab and perhaps sneak a preview of the Palm Island. There is a mediocre likeness and the Australian’s call it Q-Deck; not as impressive and lacks the palm shaped island. Despite this, we spent a happy few hours on the beach during the 2010 International Kiteboarding Competition drinking our free Red Bull!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb