“Crikey, ain’t she a beaut’!” Aussie Zoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
December 6th 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well from beach to town we left the beaches behind us and moved on to Noosa, a four hour coach drive north of Brisbane and a four hour coach drive from Rainbow Beach. Noosa is described by Poonam as being “hip” and I guess that is a pretty good description. It is a nice town with some chic and class to it. In fact it is the first time outside of the major city we saw some designer boutique stores. We took a leisurely evening stroll down Hasting Street, where it’s all happening. We walked past some fantastic boutiques for window shopping and little cafes and restaurants (all with their healthy price tags attached)!

Our trip to Noosa was all about a trip to Australia Zoo. Steve Irwin’s legacy ranks – for me – as one of the best zoo’s I’ve ever experienced. It’s a shame that a large majority of the day was raining but the animals made up for it. The crocodile show certainly misses the Crocodile Hunter touch; nonetheless the guys put on a good show – a little short though. The zoo is a largely a reptilian paradise with a few other animals so no giraffes and hippos or anything like that; though two gorgeous tigers and three very hungry Indian elephants. Poonam took the brave step to feed them as she chickened out on that when I did it in Thailand. Both of us even got up close and personal with some kangaroos and had our photo’s next to them. All in all we had a pleasant day, despite the rain, definitely somewhere I’d love to go again.

Leaving the beaches for a short while and Australia Zoo behind us we move on to the third largest city in Australia – Brisbane. I wonder what city life will be like after so long out of a big city?!?!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb