We're on the road again


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Aspley
June 29th 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 64 - Melbourne to Brisbane (with Virgin Blue)

Our flight is at noon from the Virgin Blue terminal in Melbourne. We’re up early and the final puppy watch went beautifully without so much as a whimper!

We’re packed up with time to spend with the girls and Anna before we need to head off, Grants gone back to bed bless him! We fit the Beanie Kids back in the hand luggage so they can come with us during the remainder of our trip and promise to take some great snaps.

We say a sad farewell to everyone, we’ve only been back a couple of days but we’re very fond of them all so it’s a big tug on the heart strings to be leaving again.

The flight is slightly delayed but the arrival time at the other end isn’t impacted due to the 300kph tail wind so we’re on time to pick up the car and the caravan from Andrews Airport Parking. They have been brilliant and we’d recommend them to anyone needing somewhere to park a car / caravan in Brisbane as there doesn’t seem to be any caravan storage parks around, that we've found anyway.

We head straight back to the Big 4 park at Aspley and spend a short time working out a plan for the next few days. We want to visit Australia Zoo so decide that we’ll do that tomorrow and stay overnight at Coochin Creek again.

We’re catching up with Simon and Danny for the last time tonight and their place is over an hour away so we jump in the car at 5 and head off. It’s a good journey through Brisbane which takes us over the Story Bridge and gives us a great view of the city. Then it’s out on to the highway which is chocker block and, well I can’t tell you much about it after that because I fell asleep! We made it to Pimpama where Simon and Danny are renting a great place, although it’s in the middle of nowhere so bang goes my idea of getting a takeaway but luckily Danny has volunteered to cook so we won’t starve! It’s lovely to see the lads again and they may even come out at the weekend to catch up with us before we get too far North. At least the new business is going well for them both and we wish them lots of luck with that.

The journey home takes us a completely different way and we end up on the toll road but it’s not really any quicker. We have a quick chat with the lady in the booth as the system is going to e-toll so she’s out of a job in a couple of days. Back at camp we fall straight into bed watching USA seemingly beating Brazil in the football - did we dream that?!

The adventure kicks off properly again tomorrow, north Queensland here we come!

Sar and Dar


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb