Ozzy Zoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Australia Zoo
September 21st 2010
Published: October 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

When we thought about booking this trip we instantly added Australia Zoo to our things to do list coz we are both such big kids!! So excited to find it was just a short (ish) bus journey from Brizzy!!

Well what can I say... this zoo shits all over chester zoo!! Even though it rained we still had a boss day, we got to feed the Elephants and Kangaroo's :-) the Roo's are dead friendly come right over to you but not scary at all!! We were tempted to put the baby wallaby in our bag though!

The highlight of the day was holding our new friend 'Slater' the Koala, literally the cutest thing ever... even if he did have a nasty stench of fruity B.O. he still got a cuddle of us!!
I'll never forget the biggest crank of the zoo Minnie the wombat who hissed everytime anything came near her, still a lil beaut tho.
We went to watch the crocodile show too, shame old Steve wasn't there shouting CRIKEY!! Would have made our day!! His little boy did a little show for us and is the absolute spit of his dad.

The worst point of the day was Lucy dragging me through the aviary THREE times when she know's I'm petrified of birds!! Defo did it on purpose!! Who knew there was so many variations of a dirty pigeon?? I wasn't interested I was out of there like a shot!!

We also got to see a few tasmanian devils but they legged it round their enclosure so fast we couldn't get a snap of them!

I'm pretty sure this won't be the last zoo we visit on our travels so watch this space for more piccies of cute and wierd animals... :-)




Additional photos below
Photos: 102, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb