tablelands 26/10


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Atherton Tablelands
October 27th 2008
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Early start again today. After getting all our group together we headed out to the tablelands area.

First stop was babinda boulders where the the river is "upside down". The aboriginies believe that this was done to trap the spirit of a girl who killed herself in the water after her lover was murdered for being with her when they were both from different tribes. A lot of people have died attempting to swim in the water and it is believed she was taking them as all but one were young single males.

The next place we went to was josephine falls. This was really cool as there was a natural water slide which was fun and it was a really nice place to swim.

After a pub lunch and a quick stop at crawfords lookout we all headed to milla milla falls. This is apparently where peter andre shot the video for mysterious girl. After this we headed to the chocolate and cheese factory where we enjoyed some free cheese and not so free chocolate.

The last place on the route was lake eacham which is an extinct volcano crater that is filled with pure rain water and apparently really good for softening the skin.

After a quick stop of to see some very old trees at barrine lake we headed home down gillies pass-a very nice day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



28th October 2008

did u have a go on the water slide david??? australia looks amazing!!! jai says "that crocodile that whoever was poking should have been more careful!and kirsty going down the waterslide was amusing!And the kangaroo was really really cool!!!And I hope you are having a good time!!!" He is wise beyond is years lol!!! Take care.x

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb