Whitehaven Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
October 30th 2011
Published: November 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

John is still working in Airlie Beach and we are coping with the humid weather as it is not too bad yet, everyone says it gets worse after Xmas so am not sure how long we will stay but life is good at the moment.
Sunday 30th October
Went for a cruise to the Whitsunday Islands on the one of the world's fastest Catamarans - the mauve "Camira". After being picked up from the caravan park, we sailed out of Abel Point Marina and out through the Mole Islands, then called into Daydream Island to pick up more passengers before heading to Hook Island for some snorkelling - the water was a bit cloudy because the change of tides so it was a little dissapointing but the water was warm and there were plenty of tropical fish. Nice stinger suit's we had to wear as it is the beginning of stinger season.
The BBQ lunch was served on board after our swim at Whitehaven beach - just stunning white sand. The sand is made up of white silica sand which does not retain heat.
The weather was just perfect, warm enough but not too hot. The crew put the sails up a couple of times and we had about 1/2 hr of sailing before they had to change to power again because there was not enough wind. I suppose you cannot have calm waters and sailing at the same time. Sailed around Whitsunday island and past Hamilton Island before heading back to the marina. It was a great day - morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, cool drinks and beer and wine served after 11am. Were very well looked after by the crew and plenty to eat. A very relaxing day out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb