Happy easter!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
April 19th 2006
Published: April 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cape TribulationCape TribulationCape Tribulation

Rainforest just north of Cairns
Well i dont really mean happy easter. Public holidays when you are travelling throws a real spanner in the works!! How dare locals book trips when us foreigners have sceduled to do the same!!!! Am just annoyed as we didnt realise was easter ( we dont even remeber what day it is and if its a week day let alone bank holidays!!!) and turned up to book a sailing trip on easter friday and didnt understand why everything was fully booked!!! Oh well would have been rubbish at sailing anyway.

So we flew from bush into rainforest. Such a change in scenery. We stayed in Cairns for 5 days and used it as a base to visit the rainforests, tablelands and great barrier reef. All so beautiful however it is now wet sesson and it wont stop raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shouldnt complain as still hot and makes the waterfalls so much more spectacular but when you have spent ages putting on your bikini and suncream and tones of insect repelent, lay down and it then pelts it down you get abit annoyed ( such a hard life!).

We have seen lots of scary wildlife like enormous spiders ( Jo did you like the email i sent?! he he), snakes, crocs and lots more cute stuff like wallaroos.

We decided life was getting too hard so stopped off at a quite island called Magnetic island for a week. Here i did adventurous things like bareback horseriding in the sea ( i even managed to stand!) and enrol in a scuba course. Am a failure though as didnt complete the course. Couldnt quite get the breathing thing right and the visability was really poor so could hardly see the instructor in the sea which completely freaked me out!!!

We then moved to Airlie beach where we were supposed to do a sailing trip but because all booked up we had to wait 3 days for a day trip. Was worth it though even if behind time. The beaches were the whitest sand youve ever seen and snorkling with the fishes was amazing. If not slightly scary when they try to work out if youre edible and sucker you!!!

We have just stopped in Rockhampton where we have been in caves and were dive bombed by bats!!!! Next we head to Frazer Island where we have booked a 4WD selfdrive safari
Me and Beth trying to do the Timotei advert!Me and Beth trying to do the Timotei advert!Me and Beth trying to do the Timotei advert!

The advert was filmed here. We didnt quite get our flicks and the camera coordinated!!! The crazy guide also made us swim through the waterfall. All i can say is hold onto your pants!!!
trip. Have to drive through sand dunes and there is also rainforest and lakes to swim in apparently. Cant wait!

Well i hope you all enjoyed your easter and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mummy who reached a significant number on good friday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

A baby WallarooA baby Wallaroo
A baby Wallaroo

So cute. Was left on her own when her mum got sick. Arrr


19th April 2006

Great to hear from you!
Fantastic, fantastic, all looks wonderful. Many thanks for birthday message. Sand card as great idea. I had lovely b,day, but missed you badly, will celebrate again when you return. Have a booking for Champneys to restore my youth ! Keep up the dialog, photos amazing. Car ordered. Love Mum xx
20th April 2006

Happy Easter!
Couldn't help but laugh when you said you couldn't keep track of the bank hols! After all, everyday is a holiday for you! Love the stories and the pics, keep 'em coming!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb