Daydream Island - living the dream


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
January 15th 2010
Published: January 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I woke up everyday was a daydream!

After leaving the carnies was thinking of leaving oz until a friend of mine told me about working on Daydream, one hung-over blagging call later and a week back in Perth I was heading back to Queensland and a little island called Daydream. I knew nothing of this island and had blagged a job working as an F&B worker (not a clue what I was going to do ringing my sister to get some general info and trying to carry three plates). Then after filling my diary over the last 3 years the next four months left big blanks in the diary.......what the fuck happened? In summary I worked between 40 -60 hours every week but partied like everyday was my last. My eventual roommate and legend of a bloke cameroo recorded at one point I was sick for 14 nights consecuativly not something to be proud of but what else was there do do in pardise after a hard days work? With 100 great staff between 18 - 30 all up for a good time I didnt want to be rude and not join in so I joined in with the spirit of things!

Every week on the island they have a least one tav night (like a club night) and a pool party for contiki a group of at least 30 girls come through and get sloshed. My first one abit apprehensive I got drunk but sat back and watch all these crazy people soon to be many friends my bosses who I was in work with at 6 the next morning partying in the boxers smashed out of there brains getting down and loving life. I felt I'd met my people.........this was going to be good. There are so may stories I literally could write a book about how crazy and mental this places and times I had but ill summarise and give an insight with a couple of my favs.

My first roommate german dan was a leg a german Buddhist decorated my room with hardcore porn, then I moved in with pretty ricky, dave, andrew and kev all top blokes then I wanted a room to myself as it was hard with four people in the room. So I moved in with a mate Cam we got on well but moving into room 43 was the party room. We had everyone come through 43 at one point or another just to chill, to party, to sleep we loved it and everyone. Cam started seen Neeny a girl I worked with and loved her to bits and it was the three of us. The states those guys saw me in totally written off and never had a cross word with me even after some of the states the room was left in after a big night.

After a couple of weeks I moved to conferences and weddings (mainly because Im a big lad who could lug tables!). Our boss was a laid back character called jon who was in charge of a team of three me my to be best mate on the island leigh and yaneen. We were pretty much left to set up run and packdown the weddings we would run anything from 10 - 18 hour shifts often back to back. We worked hard and were a tight hard working team, but we could party hard! Me and leigh instantly got on through our love of good times copious alcohol intake and a fondness of fucked up ace times. Nothing was off limits we would push each other egg each other on if one wasn’t feeling it the other would pull them through (there is nothing like a bit of peer pressure to help the good times roll!) - and roll they did!

I got an outlet ban after three weeks for an indiscretion with a female contiki guest (ill leave it at that) which lead me to meet to more of my best mates timmy and richie. As I was banned from outlets I had to chill in the village which was ace as I' ]d move from room to room and really got to know everyone through the village. Cam richie and tim loved fight night four so would chill with them and had sooo many good times in room 8. Special mention to Sarah W - winnerford who helped me through that hard month where I couldn’t party keeping me entertained wit drunk tennis, DVDs and being a fantastic friend - a great girl heart of gold and great breasts haahaahha (love you winnerford!).

But then I was back 14th of september and never looked back me leigh jojo and fletch made un the annihilation nation of violation - pretty much writing ourselves and friends off at any opportunity we were having a good time. Here’s a brief summary of some of the best nights on the island

First staff P Party - me and jojo smashed with the Koreans and russ the man the legend
Three wise men - me leigh and jojo vs. jack Daniels, Jim beam and jonny walker (we lost)
Yaneens b-day - a cake fight after the wedding throwing round cake and leigh bashing nenny in the head
Braderlino does aqua aerobics - late night aerobics with me b-dog rosie and frances ending up with me frances rosie and korean chris?? in the shower
Regularly seeing kahn head of guest services smashed unshaven no name tag creased dirty clothes but too blind to care and he didn’t mind!
Bali boy steve feeding me and leigh chicken comming up with chat up lines from different countries
Days off in airlie - me leigh russ and german ben smashed after drinking in airlie all day necking a litre of jim beam throwing juggling balls at each other playing pool, nearly hitting kahn, waking up wit my kecks down covered in cling film in Jacinta’s room on my own and losing an ipod
Red wine night - me and leigh try to smooze nicole and kolina over a bottle of wine (or nine!) ended up steak kissing (don’t ask!) nicole
Fun in the pool at the pool party with contiki
Shreyer (my queen of trashbags love manta panda!) leaving do ending up spending the night in airlie and passing out in a bush and mystery shots with cam and levy
Under the sea party day and night - me and leigh as coral clowns, goon boob, winning our bets ending up in just a shower curtain as clothes and bad times under 335 (ha-ha)
Sea view apartments carnage morning after - leigh and the john walker, leigh the bleeder , cam roof running with jojo me sick on the air con and roof and the girls trying to keep it all together
Tommy the spoon master - seemed to spoon the shit out of everyone at one point but then got my groove into gear
Titus the film - just watch it
Kevvys leaving do - just the hardcore watched the sun come up in the room with connor kev and leigh and mills then a 15 hour shift epic! The month of timmy! - epic timmys 21st and his last night of ABC (Absinthe, Barcardi 151 and Chetreus) with all the staff smashed and franjipants and rosie big tick!
Halloween party - iron cat man smashed don red wine and jim with lani in a milk truck covered in sick chanting c'mon ireland with rayray and leigh - losing clothes and camera
Richies b-day - richie and timmy neck a bottle of wine then sick in the same spot
Church night and ray to the rescue - good work christine and jeffs choose life speech

My last night epitomised what I loved about that place though after waking up rough as a badgers ass (constantly) the previous night on the egging of my dear lovely Tess pinched a female manikin wore her wig and acting unsightly acts on the cardboard figure, left it in my room and had a day planned wit 15 of my best people of Whitehaven beach one of the five nicest beaches in the world... but I had work that night so ran round god bless her maddy covered my shift and kira my boss let me have it off so I ran to the boat and had a day getting sloshed on cocktails on hamo before chilling on the most beautiful beach, we got back at 5.30.

Here pete (a good guy) pulled me and cam aside and told us we had been fired. there was a memo that went round previously saying anyone caught with a sock on there fire alarm would be instantly terminated. it was our Achilles heel, we would party hard and senior management hated it but they could not pin anything on us, cam had severed tendons in his hand weeks earlier so was in the room and had a smoke to pass the boredom of the day as he could do nothing. they came searching for the manikin saw the sock and we were gone.........sneaky but the only way they could get rid of us and we had seen people gone for alot of trivial reasons. They didn’t like that we had united the village into one giant party machine where everyone got on amazingly and had the best times together so they took out two of the culprits and the rest followed us out.........but we weren’t going without one last hurrah!

Pete said we had 45 mines to leave the island which wasn’t possible with cam only having use of one hand, so we had to stay the night (hahaha). Pete bless him said we were on an alcohol and outlet ban me an cam laughed pete was worried he was a good bloke but knew me and cam were going to go out with fireworks. Everyone came round we had a booze collection of spirits unfinished, 2 Bacardi, whisky, 2 vodkas, absinthe, Chet ruse, red wine, Zen sooo much everyone came round we had the biggest party we sang we drank we smoked it was phenomenal. There was a pool party just wanted to bop with my mates one last time but they tried to kick me out winnerford bless her danced in the pool with me until my great friend gavy told me to leave and come back in an hour. Went back got smashed again with everyone and me and braderlino were going to head back to the party. I saw the chef car (a clapped out banger) me and b-dog got in couple of doughnuts and took up the main boardwalk contiki were on the way from the party we had the door open we dodged contiki narrowly missing guests and with bradders in hysterics dumped the car by the boardwalk. We took to the forest Rambo style stopping in the canteen on the way bradders picking up tinned pineapple wit no opener and cordial and no water. WE laughed and fell through the forest until I was busted at the bottom. Benoir was great as usual a fantastic bloke said if I went to bed there would be no repercussions. I shook his hand and went to bed......in jojos wardrobe and then bathroom floor whic was genius. Me and cam had to leave at 7 the next morning and I was blind I could hear them all through the window searching for me but cam had to go so I got up in my pj bottoms with cat paint on my face chucked some stuff in a bag and said goodbye to daydream for the last time laughing blind drunk and puiking all the ferry back sharing the boat with the contiki I had nearly run over the night beofre.

We were free there was a point up until three months where even though we worked like dogs I loved work then when my friends were getting sacked for trivial things I knew it wasn’t long till it was my head on the block. I was relieved to be gone I couldn’t of hit it any harder loved every minute but had done my time. It was some of the best times of my life and made friends for life who I still speak to regularly. Me, cam, leigh, richie and tim then got a car the slut ( because she had so many cocks in her) and we headed down on a mission down the east coast but that’s another story...........................

life is still phenomenally good, i miss my family the boys and the rest of you allot but its the price I pay for living this fantastic fast awesome life, imp loving it and love you all too. So until next time

Peas and love

Tommy boi DANG!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

PS to all the daydreamer not mentioned love you all and made some of the best times you all part of an immense time and see as many of you as I can in the future xxx. - pics on facebook


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb