9th & 10th January - Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
January 10th 2009
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

We are now in Airlie Beach - fantastic place! Took 9 hours to get here on the Greyhound but went very fast and the journey was fine. Hostel was great stayed at Magnums, were only suppose to stay one night but we liked it that much we decided to stay another night! Very busy and lively with lots of fellow backpackers around! Today (10th) we went Ocean Rafting around the Whitsundays - AWESOME! Our 2 Kiwi crew were very funny and took a shine to us (as we had cute english accents apparently!) so we were given the best 2 seats on the raft - hanging off one of the sides, assuring us we wouldn't get wet - yeah right!!! At least we're ready for white water rafting now!! The Whitsundays are beautiful and we stopped off on one the islands, Nara Inlet, for an Aboriginal walking tour and found some caves which was interesting and then went to Whitehaven Beach for a couple of hours for lunch the sand on this beach is amazing 98.8% pure which means it wasn't hot to walk on and a very good exfoliator! After lunch we went on to go snorkelling - for which we had to wear very attractive stinger suits as its stinger season - these were not a good look but no way were we getting stung! On the way back home we spotted a pod of Dolphins so Rolly, the Skipper, slowed the boat right down and we got quite close to them. Awesome day out!
Now we're going to sample the Airlie Beach nightlife that we've heard so much about!

xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb