How very exciting!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
December 4th 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

We are now in Airlie beach - we got the bus down from Townsville yesterday afternoon! We have checked in for our boat tommorrow - The Magic of the Whitsundays! We got a free upgrade to a suite! - which would have cost us $1000!!!!!! wow how very exciting! we set sail at 4pm and get back on monday so i'll message after that - but think we're going to head straight down to Hervey bay on the overnight coach - saves a nights accomodation also!

We checked in to our room this morning and spent about 30 mins trying to find a light switch for the really bright light in our room - chris had to go and ask where it was - thats when he was told it was the sun coming through a skylight - not laughed like that in a while!

let us know how you are and your plans for christmas!

lots of love Astrid and Chris xx


Advertisement



4th December 2008

Hello Sailors!
Hello sailors! So pleased you are having such a fantastic time but sorry the weather seems to be too hot for you. As I type it is snowing here and ‘it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas’ Tra La La La La! I guess Christmas doesn’t look quite the same in Oz – perhaps the white sand in the Whitsunday’s will look a bit like snow – or maybe not! The sailing trip sounds wonderful and Dad will be so pleased you’ve got the free upgrade – it will appeal to his inner Yorkshireman! The light switch tale is absolutely hilarious and I have visions of the two of you trying to find it. Of course it’s just the opposite in UK as it is barely daylight at all at the moment and I have the lights on in the house almost all the time. Ah well must go and do some work, enjoy the sail trip, stay safe and my love to you both. Love Mum xxx ps….. I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky. And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by….

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb