Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
October 17th 2008
Published: October 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Is a stunning little suburb with a beautiful Marina and a Lagoon to swim and sunbathe by as you can't go in the sea here - too many jellyfish. We stayed in the Bush Village a little bit out of the city centre but they provide a free shuttle bus at varies points during the day. We had our own room sharing a kitchen and bathroom with 1 other room. We stayed here for 3 nights.

We went out twice at night for drinks and in general a good place to go out. Meet lots of people here. We took a day trip out to the Whitsunday Islands, early start got picked up and boarded the Reefjet. Thoroughly recommend this for a day trip. The crew were fun and helpful and we stopped at the main places, the lookout, whitehaven beach and a place to do snorkelling/diving. Unfortunately following our day trip pattern it was teeming down with rain. But we managed to make the most of it. The snorkelling was amazing we all took part and saw lots of brightly coloured coral and fish of all shapes and colours. The wetsuits were very fetching too but protected us as it was stinger season and it helped you float too.

The other days at Airlie we spent wandering around the shops and sunbathing around the pool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb