Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
October 26th 2008
Published: October 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got of the Greyhound bus at Townsville and go the ferry then bus to our YHA Koala Village on Magnetic Island. Our accomodation is the world tiniest little hut surrounded by bush, saw loads of possums and wallabies here they come really close as they must be used to people. The main street consists of about 3 restuarants, 1 pub and 2 shops. The whole of Magnetic Island closes at 10pm. Crazy. The beach we are closest to, Horseshoe bay is the only one that is open as a croc was spotted at a nearby beach and due to media nonsense with the guy in Cooktown being muched by Charlie they have to shut then all down bar ours with has a net around it. Poor croc is only looking around to relocate he wouldn't settle here.

Our time spent at Magnetic Island (3 nights) was made more enjoyable by meeting welsh couple Natalie and John and American dude Taylor who all worked there. Had some drinking games and fun at the resort and down at the beach playing ring of fire with boxes of goon (wine to you and I).


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb