Now that's what I call a hostel!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
July 6th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Amy and DeniseAmy and DeniseAmy and Denise

Card games at Beaches Bar

6th July - Airlie Beach



It took us 4 hours to get from Townsville to Airlie Beach. We had another grumpy Greyhound bus driver - I think we're overdue getting a nice one. At least this one told jokes. Most of them involved giving mouth to mouth rescusitation to the young girls on the bus!! Ick!!

Airlie Beach is small - just one road of shops and restaurants which runs parallel to the coast and has a salt water lagoon for swimming in. Me and Amy want to stay here a bit longer than planned.

We're staying at 'Beaches Backpackers'. It's wicked! Our dorm is ace - it has soft matresses, modern beds, a sink, a TV, a fridge and a balcony and a clean bathroom! I'm in heaven. As soon as we got to our room 3 others arrived, they had just got back from their Whitsundays sailing trip. We are very lucky, Jo Tex and Anna are lovely and we met a guy from Israel (Eli) who couldnt get into another hostel with his mates and so had to come to Beaches - he was going to check out the next day and join his friends but they ended up coming to our hostel instead and Eli stayed in our dorm. We have a lovely group of people at the moment.

We had a few drinks at our hostel that night and ended up playing drinking games with our roomates and a few other people we didnt know. Amy met Helen who is a rep for Tribal Travel, a tour booking service, she promised us a great Whitsundays sailing package - and she delivered!

Lucy x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb