Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Airlie Beach (that has no beach haha) and have been here since Saturday. I've just had a ding-dong with the lady behind reception as they are trying to kick us out today and we've paid for 3 days, until tomorrow. The check in lady messed up our booking so now they have no beds. But we're not moving, so tough luck Magnums Hostel! RAHHHH Debbie is on the warpath lol.

It's ok here - the first night we went to Beaches for dinner and I had chicken parmigiana which is a very Aussie dish - breadcrumbed chicken topped with spicy tomato sauce and cheese - yummy!!! Had it with mashed potatoes and it was amazing!!! Then we just stayed out at Beaches for the night and just had drinks, was a nice night. They had a pretty good singer/guitar playing guy in who did loads of well known stuff.

Yesterday we mooched around Airlie Beach looking at the shops. Very seasidey type of town - I like it. There is a man made lagoon (known as the sperm pool - YUCK) and a tiny weeny beach (again, man made I think).

Last night we went out again, started at Beaches and ended up at Paddy Shenanigans where we had huge pineapple and orange cocktails with the most amount of alcohol legally allowed in one shot! The next thing I know, everyone is kissing everyone else - lol - and yuck!!! Heather broke the record by kissing Ollie, Darren, Zoe, Nish and Simone in one night!!! I tend to run away, haha, think of the germs!!! But it's all very non-serious and just funny at the time.

Today is a chill day. We leave on our boat tomorrow. We only take one bag on board, we have to store luggage here. Eek. I'm excited about it - the Whitsundays is 74 islands in paradise...can't wait. Hope I get to see the stars at night.

So, I will definitely have no internet for the next couple of days and probably no phone signal either. But will update when I get back :o)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb