The last night at Magnetic Island - and Townsville


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
December 1st 2007
Published: December 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Magnetic Island yesterday after a great few days.

We went kayaking in the sea which was ok - hard work and we gave in after 30 mins, but it was good to have a go at it.

The last night was fun - everyone was there - including Michelle and Aaron who we knew from Sydney, Karen and Martain from Innisfail, and Tom and Pat, who Simone knew. The night was based around drinking, including lots of drinking games (Slap and some random card game) which ended up with most people taking clothes off for forfeits - luckily I kept wandering off to have a cigarette, so I never lost a round! Who says smoking doesn't pay?!

Everyone was so drunk - I was merrily tipsy - that they all suffered severe hangovers the next day, which sucked for me as I picked up on their rubbishy mood and felt rubbish all day, even though I wasn't hungover!

So yesterday wasn't great - and we had the trip to Townsville to make. We got the ferry which was ok, then had to wait for a bus (which we didn't get on even though we saw it - not sure why!) so Heather, Karen, Clare and I decided to get a taxi and laugh at the others who were walking - except we ended up at the wrong hostel so they got to the correct one before us anyway!!!

We went out for our free dinner at Molly Malone's which was yummy (if very small, the lasagne was about 2 inches by 2 inches! - but the chips were good, so can't complain, and it was free!).

After dinner we wandered into town and watched the fireworks display and Christmas thingy, with Santa on stage. It's weird! I expect it to be cold and bitter, but it's hot and sunny and there are Christmas lights up and Christmas carols being pumped out throughout the town....strange!

We ended up back at the hostel, sitting on the terrace and having drinks - and Karen and Martain joined us from the other hostel. They'll be in Airlie Beach tomorrow, and we're going today at 1.30pm, so hopefully we'll catch up with them there too.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb