Whitsundays Cruise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
September 4th 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

All exhasted and very hungry from the Fraser Island trip we had a group trip to an all you can eat Pizza Hut before saying our goodbyes and catching an early night.

All still on a high from our amazing time at Fraser Island we got up early and set off in our Wicked Camper into the glorious sunshine, blasting out Bittersweet Symphony on our way to the town of 1770. We hired surf boards for the afternoon and tried our luck at surfing without an instructor, some of us with better results than others!

We left late afternoon for a 10 hour drive towards Airlie Beach seperated by a nights sleep in a rest . A proper backpackers party resort and the launching pad for our whitsundays cruise. There were drunk packpackers and locals all over the place from late morning and We managed to get in on the act in the early evening. We met a german and a londoner in the hostel and had a pretty decent night out with a few bars and a half decent club night. We vacated our room early and chilled on the beach for a bit before boarding the Habibi (our sailing boat) at midday armed with pleanty of goon.

The first day was a sail along the coast to Tongue Bay which was to be our mooring point for the night. Goon and drinking games ensured a good night before settling down to bed which was suprisingly comfortable.

After breakfast at 7am we headed straight to Whitehaven Beach, which is in the top 10 beaches in the world. It was obvious why. It was amazing. We were the only people on the entire beach and after many photographs and a kickabout on the beach we had a short walk to a lookout point for more photos. We then set sail to Mantaray bay where we did our first snorkel. The sealife was amazing though the lack of turtles was dissapointing. Our second snorkel was at Hook Island, which was equally amazing. More drinking games followed after a fantastic BBQ in the evening.

Another early start and a second snorkel at Hook Island were on the final day, unfortunately in the rain again, before heading back to shore where we will spend another night partying at Airlie Beach. Next stop, Magnetic Island.

Our love to all in the UK.

Photos will follow shortly!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb