Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
May 22nd 2007
Published: May 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After an overnight coach of ten hours I finally arrive in Airlie Beach at 6.15 am!

Firstly I get into bed at my hostel called Magnums and get some much needed sleep then in the afternoon I go for a wander with Joan a Canadian girl from my room and we grab some lunch. Early evening we have a few drinks and go for a Thai with Santos an Indian guy also from our room.

The next day I get up early for my 3 day trip to the Whitsundays on a boat called the Avatar, we meet at a cafe in the Marina then head for the boat. We had a good crowd on the boat with people of all ages and nationalities and we helped with the sails and we were cooked some great food too.

The first day the weather was pretty rubbish and due to the wind and rain we had to get out the rain gear (see pic), I am not the happiest of people when I am wet and cold so I prayed for sunshine the next day!

We woke at 7am to some sunshine which was great and we had some breakfast then headed to Tongue Point and Whitehaven Beach where you have the most stunning views. We spent a while there and then headed off in the afternoon to do some snorkling, and its pretty amazing whats under there its just like being in a big fish tank with all the fishes and coral.

On our last day we did some more sailing and snorkling and headed back to the mainland. After a very tiring few days later that evening everyone from the boat met up in a local bar and we had some drinks.

Then its off to my next stop..................................


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Our boatOur boat
Our boat

The Avatar!
In our rain macs!In our rain macs!
In our rain macs!

This wasn't what we expected!
Whitehaven BeachWhitehaven Beach
Whitehaven Beach

This picture really doesn't do it any justice...............
Another sunsetAnother sunset
Another sunset

Not quite as good as the first!


4th June 2007

bushwalking on avatar ?
HI, thank you very much for this beautiful pictures. we're wondering about the boat and avatar is one of the option, maybe you can help me, we'd like to do bushwalking, have you did some while you onboard ? thank you very much for your answer,

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb