Mobfest


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
September 27th 2010
Published: September 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last week we went to Mobfest, it was held in Ti Tree. We were there for a week, except we didn’t do school for two days we were there because the day we got there was a set up day and the day after the event was a clean up day.
There were 5 school groups, Ti Tree, Laramba, Stirling, Yiripingu, and Neutral Junction camping at the school. I joined the Neutral Junction school group. Neutral Junction was a good school group and a little one too. It only had 9 kids including me. My teacher was Miss Alison and Miss Sue. Some of the kids in my class were Tinisha, Alex, Annie, Gilbert, Kendal. We did activities and music for 3 days together. Different workshops we did were drumming, animation, blowing trumpets and horns, circus, photography, song writing with Mal Web, making clay tiles and scratching into them, playing hackey sack, basket weaving and some other things. We painted ‘Wicked’ vans and I painted the sky, water and clouds. It was fun painting the ‘wicked’ vans because art is my favourite subject. There were 6 vans and my class painted one of them. Now people are going to drive the vans around Australia.
My favourite part of the festival was when we did drumming because when the man that was teaching us was clicking his fingers everyone would have to go to a different type of drum and you have to freeze if he clicked his fingers and you were in the middle. We played with djembes, bongos, duns, doofs and some other drums.
Mum and Dad were teaching while I was doing the activities with my class. The activities lasted for 3 days.
Every night there was a concert with aboriginal people dancing with digging sticks. When the men performed they were painted with ochre and had clapping sticks and boomerangs. They had leaves tied around their arms and in their hair, there was also a little boy who joined in and he was learning the dance.
It was lots of fun while we were at Mobfest. I met some new kids and played with them and then we were on the road again to Alice Springs.
(PS our camera has died - too much dust, so we only have a few photos from other people, but we are still trying to get some other photos off our camera and will put them on at a later date)


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



4th October 2010

water everywhere
I have heard that there is a lot of water in the area you are going into so perhaps it might be worth asking around if lake eyre has enough water in it to make a trip worth while, its very rare and attracts a lot of birds and wildlife. We see a lot of caravans on the road lately as all the eastern state travellers are coming down from up north and are heading back home, they will get a shock when they see all the floods over there. how is the swag going ? keep the news coming!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0954s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb