Uluru


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
September 24th 2008
Published: September 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

we made it to the Ayres Rock after a relitivly good flight - or so yoli tells me - i was flat out the whole way! we had to be up and out of the hotel for 5.30am - not good! Nevermind, we made it to the Outback Pioneer. the weather has been really good - plenty of sun and no cloud - result!
so our 1st day comprimised of not alot really - although to yoli's delight we booked the 'sounds of silence' dinner for this evening - a meal under the stars in the middle of the desert after watchin the sun go down over Uluru and Kata Tjuta - that was pretty amazin!
whilst there we took a stack of photos, and did the usual "can you take our photo?" routeen, ended up chatting to the english couple - the usual 'where you from' routeen followed - they responded with near Oxford, a place called Bicester - no way - we travel to the other side of the world and see people from Bicester, is there no getting away from the place??! We managed to consume a serious amount of wine and champers that night - not good sein as we had to be up and out for 9am to take flight in a helicopter over Uluru etc.
the following morning arrived rather quickly, head notto sore - result! only trouble weather was terrible - some serious winds outside, yoli was slightly concerned about the flight - 'everything will be fine' I said! (i hoped more like!) After arrving at the airport the flight was cancelled - couldve gone up but it would be seriously bumpy (to yoli's delight) and visibility was really poor - wasnt gonna part with a fair bit opf cash to have yoli throw-up over me and not see anythin! so we re-scheduled for the follwoing mornin - a sunrise flight - nice! but even earlier - pick up at 6am (it was like being back at work!). To be fair the eary(er) morning was worth it - beautiful views, but it was ba****d cold! (just aswell id purchased a jumper when in sydney!).
later that day we we picked up from the Outback to take a camel ride as the sun set. after gettin suited and booted - now sporting a seriously nice helmet - we got loaded onto the camels, which was interesting - yoli sat upfront and I took the rear seat, bracing outselves for our sudden asent! Walter was our camel for todays trip, seemed a nice chap, but didnt say alot! after riding for a while it became apparent that the camel behind us, Jerry, had taken a liking to me - regularly nussling my crotch and chewing my clothes! I tried to tell him I was in a relationship but he was havin none of it! . . . . . . . .


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Welcome to Ayres Rock!Welcome to Ayres Rock!
Welcome to Ayres Rock!

We are officially in the desert!


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb