Sydney - part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well our stint in Sydney is nearly over - 5 days has come and gone almost instantly! the last few days have been pretty manic really, ending with a trip to Bondi Beach today, nice beach but the sea was absoloutly freezing! Our whole bodies felt numb for a few minutes after gettin out of the water - couldnt even feel the suns heat, which says alot cos it had to be topping 30deg out there! to finish our trip we've going to the revolving restaurant up sydney tower for dinner - how romantic!! it will be nice to be sat inside this time as last time we went up we did the 'skywalk' around the outside of the tower! that was real high, which is just as well because the jump suits they made us wear were hidious!!

following on from the skywalk the enxt day we climbed the sydney habour bridge - not half as high as the tower, but the views were just as good. the bridge climb started at 11.55am, where they give you all the speal, then we donned the suits - slightly less humiliating - until we realised we had to walk from along the footpath - in public - to the base of the bridge - that was a high point for me! so once we were suited we got booted with the safety gear and off we trecked along the footpath minding our own business! this experience wa made slightly better as the daughter of a women from our group was waiting outside - paperatsy style!!

the climb was amazing, stopping along the way to take some pictures - not using our camera - how do you think they make half their profit!?! joking aside the pictures came out really well - some with the opera house in the back ground and one of us at the peak of the bridge, slightly windswept!

The following day we decided to go extreme, no namby pamby sky walks and climbs - we stroked a koala!! EXTREME! We headed to a zoo after we'd visited the Blue mountains, some lovely animals including a white peacock, kangaroos (and albino kangaroos), wombats to name a few. The views of the mountain range prior to the extreme koalas we spectacular, well impressed, and nobody around to charge a mint for a couple of pics - result!

forgot to mention the emus - evil things - if im honest - i was shit scared of the things - the kangaroos and emus were allowed to just wonder around and you can stroke and feed them. ah really nice i hear you say - until a dirty great emu tries to grab the seeds from the cone in your hand - blimey!



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Worlds Steepest Railway - Blue MountainsWorlds Steepest Railway - Blue Mountains
Worlds Steepest Railway - Blue Mountains

this is the original rail cart


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb