The Definitive Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
September 5th 2008
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's crazy that we have only been away for a week. We've seen so many things, and smelt alot ot things too. Thank god we are finally back in a western civilization where the smells don't make you want to puke!

We arrived this morning after another sleepless flight (free alcohol again! Flying Qantas is very good for the new Fryers). Booked into a backpackers a while back but were shocked that when we arrived at 5.30am we had to check out at 10.00am and the place was full. Not to mention we had to share a single bed! This prompted us to book a 3 day camping and 4x4 trip to Kakadoooooo. We leave tomorrow, early!

Other news - our camera search is finallyt over. We think that we have got a great bargin, even used the honeymoon card to blag a free bag (dad you'd be proud!).
This afternoon we are going to walk down to the beach to take photos of the sunset. Hopefully by the time we write another entry we will have loads of photos from out excursion.

Darwin is really hot and very sunny - I (this is Charlie now) am absolutely in my element. Australia is living up to everything I expected so far, I am soooo happy to be here. The birds are crazy colours, the butterflies are huge, the hostel feels like we are living in a little jungle and the noises are extraordinary at night - neither of us could sleep when we first got in last night even though we were exhausted. Our room is bloody awful again - another bunk bed tonight, but at least when we get back from Kakadu we will have a double bed, oh how romantic 😊 The people are absolutely lovely though and the place is so nice it makes up for it completely.

There are stereotypical aussies everywhere, loads of gnarly surfers, loads of people drinking beer and chilling out in shady corners of Darwin - it really is amazing. There are wonderful panoramic views over the sea, with loads of fish (and box jelly fish already so strictly no swimming!). The fish we saw earlier I am SURE were sharks...

We will be feeding crocodiles tomorrow, climbing the waterfalls of JimJim, bush walking, seeing aboriginal art and learning about their culture, camping out in the bush under the stars (Bro you would be proud!)and generally seeing all sorts in Kakadu - really bloody exciting, can't wait!!!!

Will write more when we get back. Loads of love to you all and thanks for your gorgeous messages 😊

The Fryers xxx

PS I'm sorry the computers here don't allow us to download pics but we will have loads more in a few days.


Advertisement



6th September 2008

Welcome to Oz!
Hi guys, So pleased you're enjoying Oz already! Sorry about the bed situation, that's rubbish! Don't get eaten by crocs on your trip, we want to see you in one piece in Sydney soon. Thanks for the hotel tip re Singapore, we're booking in for the end of our trip! Enjoy yourselves and we're looking forward to seeing you soon. Loads of love xxx

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb