Darwin


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while since we last updated, been busy and lazy....Well we arrived in the city of Darwin, and it was hot (for us Canadians that is) Tried our best to get into a hostel but it was a no go, all where booked up becaue of the school holidays in Australia. We managed to get a cheap motel and spent a couple of days there freezing ourselves with the excellent air conditioning... One strange thing in Darwin...when we actually ventured out for breakfast at around 9-10am people where already drinking beer! The first day we waited until 10:30am for breakfast....well it included 4 slices of bacon, 2 huge sausages, 2 eggs, toast and a Pint of beer! all for the low price of $15... I believe the place was called monsoon's... they would be our place to eat for the next couple of days, the specials where very good (2 pizza's for 15$, 2 pizza's and a pitcher of beer 25$) Anyways after a couple of days we made it down to Kakadu and did the Yellow River tour and saw a lot of salt water croc's including one that was chewing the head of a 500lb pig he had eaten the other day, lotsa cool stuff to see on the river...then it was back to Darwin again...watched the Stae of Origin game...starting to like Rugby, fun fast paced game...i was cheering for Queensland and they went on to win!

2 Day's later we dragged our ass's out of bed at 3:30am to get to our flight to Cairns


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb