Day 3 Devils Marbles to Ross River Homestead


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 3
Another early start at 7 am on the road. We only got 600kms to travel today. The red centre was very green with a big wet for them this year. We stopped at Alice Springs for a bit of shopping at Coles. Coles was crowded. We grabbed a few food essentials and headed out as quick as possible after a slight run in with itinerants and human excrements along the pathways. A quick fuel up and we headed onto the Ross Highway along the East MacDonnel Ranges. We also received a sms that Andre and Linda reached Perth. They must have driven non stop to reach in 2days. Anyway Praise the Lord they received safely.There were a few potholes at the river crossings . We reached Ross River campsite at around 3pm. The road in was sandy with the creek flowing but still accessible by 2wd. It was great to catch up with the Alice Saints especially Peter and Pam. The campsite was busy with a lot of activity from other campers and organisers of a music festival which is to be held at Ross River the following weekend. The Alice Easter camp had food catered for us. We had spag bog that night. There seems to be a plague of mice at Ross River. I personally saw 3 mice. Roger Figgis saw 7 sitting on a saucepan looking in. That evening we had a meeting with items and charades which Peter ran. Nigel Rick gave a talk on Mary Magdalene. After the meeting we sat around a camp fire for some fellowship and marshmallows. The night was very cold. It was 4C. We did not expect temperatures to drop that low. So the whole family had a rough night in the camper.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb