Bring on the Bintulu Belly


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
April 15th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sth East Asia


So its been some time since we graced your presence with one of these long winded novels. Miss us????? We know u did.
What a whirlwind year and a half it has been. For myself, I competed in Movemeber (for those of you that dont know you have to grow a moustache through the hole month of november...... there were 16 year old greek girls that showed me up, Got the best job ive ever had as supervisor at Melbournes best restaurant (and then left for a life of peasentry in Asia), got news that im going to be an uncle and basically spent all my time in between admiring my biceps in the mirror.
Kym on the other hand showed who wears the pants in the relationship as she had her first amatuer kickboxing fight. She went well too from what i could see through the gaps in my fingers. She also had both of her sisters marry in the time since weve been back from our last adventure and now has to deal with her own marriage arrangements. Yes thats right I finnaly decided on a life of misery and celibacy and popped the question. Everyone else was doing it haha. No I finally plucked up the courage to propose to Kym on our 3 year anniversary last week. For those of you at TAXI, you should all hound James about how he nearly blew it for me! Anyway, I took her down to Brighton beach where my best friend had set up a tent with candles, music, some wine and some chocolate. We sat in there and talked for a while and then i took her for a walk to the sand dune behind us and got down on the old knee and asked her to look at the hill across from us where MARRY ME was spelt out in candles. God im gay. After she hit me and told me to stop mucking around, she realised it was real, shed a few tears and then i proceeded to put the ring on the wrong finger. Very romantic.

So here we sit in Sydney at my old birds house geting waited on hand and foot, 2 days before we start the next adventure thats going to take us through Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and god knows where else. So many things to remember. No talking to pretty asian ladies in Pat Pong Rd, Never eat food with your left hand (as thats the hand your meant to wipe your ass with... think about that for a minute. Im happy to recycle but saving the trees by not using toilet paper is a bit extreme for these backpackers), never bring Durian to a dinner party (google it) and never say the word Mohammed in a sentence with Doughnut puncher, Nob jockey, Butt bandit, Anal intruder or Cakehole crusader as chances are you will be killed.
On a side note a heard we heard a funny story that in some asian places especially China, toilet seats are more often than not broken because asian people walk in and stand on top of the toilet seat and squat because they dont know what to do. I think thats hillarious. Hmmm theres a seat.... where i could sit down...... and be comfortable..... and not make a mess...... I better stand on top of this thing and hightower..... and then clean the shit of my left hand with this roll of paper.
Our first stop will be Malaysia and the place where I spent a year of my life when i was 13. Bintulu. In the middle of butt fuck nowhere this is going to be a very funny first port of call. People have monkeys as pets and the beach has crocodiles. I shit you not.
Gotta say as much as we are looking forward to this trip, there is a funny feeling that the there are going to be quite a few stories to keep you all amused with. Well we hope anyway. Hope to hear from you all about your boring lives back home and we will be thinking of you when we are drinking 10 cent Tiger beers while riding our elephants to the beach to scuba dive with turtles
Be good or be good at it

Adrian and Kym


Advertisement



15th April 2007

good on ya, didgeridoo my koala, bunyip bunyip
congrats you freaks. you guys are an awesome couple i'm very happy fer ya. jealous of yer travels too, you guys are really living a charmed life. will read yer blogs and all the best. love always, stu. p.s. i always knew you were gay, Adrian (i could tell by the way you wrestled)
15th April 2007

Oh my god!
Congradulations! I am SO happy for you both......the news brought a tear to my eye!.......i must admit im a little drunk, tired and emotional, but enough about me....... have some great adventures, send me lots of mail and photos........miss you both, will be in touch, think i need an asian adventure myself! love, hugs and kisses Amy.
15th April 2007

What are you 2 monkeys doin???
Congratulations you two champions!! Dude is that your brother in that photo? you guys look like twins, i thought Kym had the twin, im confused think i might go lay down..Good luck with the travels and your lives of nagging and missery, hahahahahaaahhaaah, im never getting married or have children but i do want a monkey for a pet, can you hook me up? do you think you could send one in a parcel??
16th April 2007

Congratulations Kym and Age
Great news guys, Age I didn’t know you were such the romantic, although it seems you will definitely fit in with the Mitchard family as Jac has never been backwards in coming out about her own toilet adventures. I wish you all the best and enjoy your time together exploring life OS again. Keep in touch and if your near Koh Samui in early to mid June then I’m sure we can sneak 2 smelly, dirty backpackers into the resort facilities after shaking with right hands only of course. Take care and keep us posted. Alex
16th April 2007

What's left?
What in the world will you do for your honeymoon?? It will be tough to top this trip. Thanks for including me on your blog. Good luck wedding planning from Asia!
19th April 2007

Uncle?
Eyyyyy??? Tell me Steve hasn't bred?
20th April 2007

Yay
Congrats you two, how romantic adrian! didn't know you had it in you.. nah i new you were gay :) love you guys miss you heaps. have a fantastic time and don't forget to invite me to the wedding.. no matter where in the world it is.. i'll be there. xxxx
25th April 2007

The fact that i wore pink t shirts was a dead give away as well. oh well, just dont tell kym. Hows the old Rice of wildness treating u? we miss vancouver. so wish we could go back there for work again
25th April 2007

Hey there Whistlerette
too bad the snows melting. even though were out galavanting through the world im still jealous that were not snowboarding. How much longer have you got there? You should pop past for a visit on the way home ;) Keep in touch its great to hear from you. thanks for the well wishes and email soon
25th April 2007

HIV positive and rabied Orang utan in the mail
hey mate thanks for the well wishes. whats news with u? any travel plan in the near future ;) come and visit and we can chase monkeys together
25th April 2007

hey mate thanks for the well wishes. would definetly love to catch up later in the year for some lazing on the beach and 10cent tiger beers.in Koh Samui. Say hi to Jane for us and speak to u soon
25th April 2007

i knew it was hermit i was just being lazy
hey holl thanx for the well wishes. i no it took me long enough! U well and truly beat me to it but hey better late than never. Hows things been? Great to hear from u again and very random to have found u on myspace. anyway. keep in touch and speak soon.
25th April 2007

how sweet am i
surely that gives me enough browny points to fuck up for a few years now. well lets hope so anyway. will keep u informed on all our plans ;) be well and speak soon

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb