Sydney Special with Michelle and Kevin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 20th 2013
Published: February 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Melbourne to Sydney to meet and stay with Val's cousin Michelle and her husband Kevin. Michelle and Kevin met us at the airport and we set off for a party near Pearly Bay to the North of Sydney near Woy Woy. We stayed at a local motel for one night.

After an enjoyable evening of food, beer and wine and discussing the world and sport with Australian friends we set off early the next day. We had a nice walk and then a short drive to a nearby bay where we enjoyed some wonderful ocean views and then a fish lunch at a local restaurant.

We drove back to Sydney to Michelle and Kevin's home at North Rocks. There were a lot of colourful birds around the house. Michelle is now Chairperson of the Boz in Oz Society and we enjoyed reading articles related to his life and work.

The next day we caught the local bus to Paramatta and then took the ferry to Sydney Circular Quay. We had super views of the Harbour Bridge and The Opera House. After a pub lunch we went to the Sydney Museum. There was an excellent exhibition with models of the first fleet ships, many built in the North East of England.

On our final day in Sydney we went to the Old Government House in Paramatta. We had a super guide who told us many interesting stories about the buildings, the life of the people and the history. On our way to the airport we had lunch at a large club called Dooleys and we had a nice farewell meal with Michelle and Kevin. Many thanks to our hosts for their hospitality and we look forward to seeing Michelle in the UK later this year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



20th February 2013

What an honour!!
...to be related to the new Governor through his beautiful wife!! M xx PS - I am President of the NSW Dickens Society - Boz in Oz is our yearly publication with all articles written by members - see http://dickenssydney.com/ !!
28th February 2013

listening skills!
Dear Michelle I apologise for getting your title wrong. I am not a good listener as Val knows only too well! Hope all is well in Sydney.

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb