Life's a beach, Bondi - Bronte - Coogee


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 11th 2005
Published: March 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Shed Rule!!Shed Rule!!Shed Rule!!

Andrew at Bondi Beach
Another amazing day in Sydney so we decided to take a trip out to Bondi Beach, home of the gorgeous people, and walk along the cliffs to Coogee Beach via Bronte Beach.

All these beaches are in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney which is only a couple of stops away on the train from Kings Cross, well so we thought, the train station is Bondi Junction which is still a bus ride away from the beach, we decided to walk it and took a wander down Oxford Street.

We arrived at the beach some half an hour later and it was real busy, it was a Saturday after all, and a hot one at that. The beautiful people were out in force so we mingled right in, we took a walk along the sand watching the surf and trying not to look at the topless ladies (honest).

The beach was real busy and isn't very big, but it was nice to see and there wasn't a shark in sight, bonus! I tried the local delicacy, corn-on-the-cob-on-a-stick, and then we headed up the cliffs for the two-hour walk to Coogee.

It was a real nice walk, through a
Bondi BeachBondi BeachBondi Beach

in all it's glory, if you can call it that.
graveyard, over a park, along beaches then back up to the cliffs, some great vistas over the ocean. We stopped for lunch in Bronte, which has the best surf that we've seen in Sydney, and then continued along the coast to Coogee.

Coogee's beach is smaller than Bondi but just as busy, more people playing games and that than just lying posing in the sun, it looked like a nice spot to chill out but we were desperate for a drink so headed to the first hotel for a pint, in fact a schooner, about 3/4 of a pint, real nice, cold and wet, cash back.

Coogee is a busy wee seaside town full of locals and backpackers with loads of bars and nice spots to eat, we tried a few more hotels before getting a bus back to Bondi Junction then a train to Kings Cross.

We ended the night with Thai food in a bar near our hostel then headed to bed, there's a Sunday session planned for tomorrow and Fiona wants to tour the markets before then so I'm away to hide the bankcards.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Surf's UpSurf's Up
Surf's Up

The biggest wave we seen at Bondi, not ideal.
West SideWest Side
West Side

of Bondi
Bondi CliffsBondi Cliffs
Bondi Cliffs

Where we walked from Bondi to Coogee
HorseHorse
Horse

Our mate Davy has been to Bronte before us, setting up a very successfull bar.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb