Day 4 in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 23rd 2006
Published: March 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Our third day in Sydney got off to a good start down in the Sydney Harbour Marriot restaurant. The service was great, as was the food. We got to try vegemite for the first (and definitely last) time. Hard to describe the taste, but it looks like dried up engine oil, and I think it tastes the same…nasty.

After breakfast we took a walk down to circular quay to grab an explorer bus. We bought a 2 day pass to go pretty much anywhere in Sydney. We hopped on the Bondi Explorer bus, and were off. This bus takes a loop out to Bondi Beach. There are 19 stops on the way. We saw Woolloomooloo Bay, and a famous meat pie shop that has been there since 1945. The route follows the coast and the views are spectacular. About an hour later we got off the bus at Bondi Beach. Apparently this beach is known for topless women, but Jason didn’t see any lol. There was a nice surf out there to play in, with lots of people surfing the 6 foot waves. Bondi is a safe beach, as there is a shark net about 500 feet out, there hasn’t been an attack since the 1940’s. Of course when the kids see ocean they plunge right in, and it was our own mistake for not packing swimming stuff for them. Wes ended up falling in, and getting soaked so we went up to the boardwalk to buy him an outfit. Lots of nice café’s and the usual tourist shops. I couldn’t resist a really nice pair of shoes. After Wes got sorted out we’re off on the bus again, seeing Bronte beach and Coogee Beach, 2 beaches that had hardly anyone on them, and we’d definitely go back. We saw the Sydney Olympic stadium, Fox studios, Hyde Park on the way back to our home base.

After a short rest and a clean up we were off to Alfredo’s for our 7 o’clock reservation. I read about this restaurant on the tripadvisor forums, with it being given good reviews. And the food was excellent, even Wes ate everything he ordered, which I think was a first. After dinner we visited Starbucks and had a stroll through the quay before heading back to our room to bed.

More tomorrow



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



27th March 2006

Oh wow, you guys practically had that beach to yourselves! AWESOME! I'm glad the risk of any of you guys getting eaten has been taken care of... I've heard horror stories about vegamite, though many Aussies I've talked to online say they love the stuff, especially on their morning toast. Mmm, dried up tar for breakfast, sign me up! And to think people make fun of my kids for eating tofu... XXOO :D PS: I want to go swimming in that beach too!! It's cold, wet and raining up here! *wah*
28th March 2006

check on the Q!!
what a q-puss on the beach....you look hot! hope all you kitties are having fun!! wish we were there! (or at least me, tim can stay home!!) looking forward to more pics!

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb