Sydney - day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 5th 2009
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Last night we got to see Quokkas, possums, huge lizards, parrots and Kookaburra's everywhere in the campsite - really nice! Amazing to see so much wildlife so close to the City. We had a lie-in today as we were both tired. By 11.30am we had caught the bus back into the City and we stopped next to the Harbour Bridge. We wlaked along it towards North Sydney and back again. You can either climb it for around $160pp or do the Pylon walk for only $9pp, or just walk it for free - like us! The views from the bridge were preety nice and got a good view of the Opera House. We walked down past Susannah Place and down George Street in the Rocks onto Circular Quay. We saw a guy playing the didgeridoo to techno-like music and Chris bought his CD! Circular Quay is where all the Ferries come and leave, there are about 5 wharfs, some restaurants and others for cruises. Then we went to the Sydney Opera House...
Well it's not what i thought it would like like but Chris really loved it! The roofs are covered in tiles and it seems like a brownish colour close up - not white. It's hard to explain but hey, it's still the Opera House!
We had a browse along the shops in Circular Quay, and walked to Maquarie Place. We carried on through the CBD and looked around the shops there. the food isnt too bad and not too expensive! Surprisingly! We through the Strand Arcade and QVB ( Queen Victoria Building ). had a smoothie and muffin then went back to Darling Harbour to the Information Centre to buy our tickets for the Tower and the Aquarium as you get a discount booking with them. We had a walk around Cockle Bay, got changed as we were meeting Geoff again, Chris's cousin, for dinner as he was in town!
When he arrived we had a few beers, then went to China Town for dinner. We had a special offer, $18 pp for a spring roll, dim sum, rice ( which was like our special fried rice back home ) and a main course each - too much food but really nice! Geoff paid - thank you Australian Government !!!! ( he works for them... if you see what i mean! )
Then we had some more drinks in Cockle bay- a beautifull place a night, before heading home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb