Sydney - Day 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 4th 2009
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got the greyhound at 6.30am to Sydney. We arrived at then main Central train station at 10.15am, we then had to find our way to the campsite.... OMG ! We asked the person at the Grehound desk where we had to catch the bus we needed, he said we had to wlak up George Street to Queen Victoria Building. Sounded simple... ! We got walking and then realised that George St is one of the main Street in Sydney - people everywhere, and there we are with our 2 big bags, our tent and 2 other bags, and it's was all up hill !!!!!! We were so hot after the 15min walk, we found the bus stop and luckliy a bus just turned up as we arrived - perfect timming !
We asked the driver to tell us where to where to get off on Epping Road - Little did we know it was 30 mins outside of town ! We got dropped off on a main highway, we had to somehow cross over with all of our bags and catch another bus to the campsite - this wasn't said on the website for the campsite! By this stage i was so fed up Chris even rang the YHA in the City to se if there were any spare beds!!! The answer was No - of course but we now know for next time ay ! We jumped on this next bus who only took us around the corner to the next stop, we then had to walk another 20mins to the campsite! It's called Lane Cove River Tourist Park.
We finally got our tent up and it was now 1.30pm! But at least the campsite was nice and was costing half the price of a hostel!
We asked at reception about buses into town and she gave us a different route to the one we had just done. We went into the City and had a walk around. We were in the CBD ( Central Business District or Town centre.. ) and there was a protest for the Freedom of Sri Lanka in Martin Place, people everywhere ! We then walked down to Darling Harbour to find the Information centre. The lady was very helpfull and it always helps to look in all the brochures as there are free or discount tickets for loads of stuff!
We had a paddle in the Tidle Cascades, a sunken fountain, very refreshing, then back to camp.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb