Jumping from a plane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 20th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We checked out an opera on Saturday night, that was pretty amazing. Both of us had never seen an opera before and it was quite an experience seeing it, especially in the Sydney Opera House. That building is a georgous, amazing structure that we spent quite a bit of time taking pictures of. That and the harbor bridge.
two days ago was our big day of leaping from a plane at 14000 feet. Both of us were scared shitless when the realization that we could not turn back hit. Going up our instructors did what they could to sooth our fears, but after it was all said and done, looking out the window and realizing that we will be falling 10000 feet in less than a minute kinda kept our pants on the verge of being shit. We were jumping tandem and all of the single jumpers were out the door first and when the first ones jumped we just looked at each other and said oh shit! Then came our turn, Kerry was out first because he was the biggest, and Ryan out second. Sitting on the edge of the plane the instructor did a count down as our legs hung out of the plane and once the instructor hit one the shove out of the plane occured and suddenly we found ourselves plummeting at 250km/h! During the free fall the instructor also grabbed our hands and sent us into barrel rolls, which got the stomach churning real good! Once the chute opened a sense of safety swept over us and the major 360 spins started during our slow decent to safety. Upon landing we were filled with adrenaline and smiles from ear to ear. it was the most surreal experience so far this trip. Absolutely fucking amazing!
yesterday was spent lounging on Bondi Beach, which is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. the sand is really, really fine and the water beautiful, though slightly chilly at this time of year.
Today we are picking up our camper van and making our way north to see the sights of the eastern coast!

Advertisement



20th October 2008

I call for pictures of the ocean, and these so-called "tans" you've acquired, haha.
21st October 2008

life
Wow, You guys are having a blast, still waiting for the hard core stuff. sux, rock and roll and more women.m Ok I am a recovering addict so keep it a bit clean, so far your both very boring, air-plane jumping, opera house's(the nicest opera house in the world), a Van to see the country of the ozzie life, ahh boring KERRY.
23rd October 2008

This is awesome!
Kerry, I just subscribed! I am living vicariously through your blog from here on in! It better be good! Have fun!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb