Arrived at the coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
October 26th 2008
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Lennox head several days ago and spent two nights there. Lennox Head means the arrival to the beautiful Australian Coast. The beaches here are unreal, our first day in Lennox Head we spent laying out on a beach called Seven Mile Beach. The sand here is so soft and the water so warm, oh, and the waves so huge! We spent some time playing in the waves, almost getting sucked out to sea due to the powerful undercurrent. We literally had to stand at 45 degrees to maintain our balance! Kerry was rocking his bright orange and green speedo and could be spotted from a mile away! The lifeguard came out once to make sure we were all right because Kerry was flopping around in the ocean so goddamned much. The lifeguards here are revered all across australia, they are like the RCMP is to Canada. Though the ocean here is beautiful, much like everything else, I must say. Their ocean tastes like shit. Swallowing mouthfuls of that crap is disgusting. We both managed to get a really bad burn our first day on the beach. OUr bodies definitley aren't accustomed to the heat the sun here exudes. Kerry's burn is so bad that it is blistering on parts. We went to a pub in Lennox Head, the only one in the town because it is so small, and it really sucked. The people there were either 18 and younger or 45 and older, there was no inbetween so we stood out like a sore thumb. Upon arrival to Byron Bay, which is much more to our liking, we say many hardbodied men and women. Lots of beautiful people here. We checked out the night life here last night and it was pretty amazing. We went to a place called Cheeky MOnkey's and it was Ladies night. So lots of buff dudes walking around in just their underwear, haha. It was tonnes of fun. The dance floor in that bar is actually tables and benches, it is unreal. We spent the night dancing away, drinking our faces off and waking up with a bit of a hangover.
Today we are hitting the beach of Byron Bay to make our burns much, much worse. From here we slowly move up the coast from beach city to beach city until we have spent so much time in the sun, on the beaches and around beautiful people, that the sight of them sickens us!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb