Surfer's Paradise!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Surfers Paradise
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have been in Surfers Paradise for about four days now and absolutely loving it! We started out staying in a suburb called Miami. Now, one would think, shit, Miami, must be nice. NopE! It was a trailer park of the canadian variety. Everyone that was there had long frizzy hair, half their teeth and drank all goddamned day. After a couple days there we upgraded to a beachside caravan park, much, much better! Our first day in Surfer's was spent checking out Rock n Rolla, which is an amazing movie, and playing battleship in the lobby of the theatre. We received many unhappy gazes by passers by. Apprently it's not normal to play battleship in theatres in Australia. The weekend was spent getting rejected from bar after bar because the dress codes are stupid down here. We got to check out a strip bar called Players, which was pretty rad, two girls dancing at once, women just hanging out at your table talking to you, even though we told them we didn't want a dance. From there the only club we could get into was a place called Shooter's, where alcohol got more expensive as the night went on and we bailed early and drank a bit more back at our campsite, as there was more action there than at the bars. The dancefloor there consisted of about ten dudes on stage doing the same synchronized dance, which was just bobbing your head and then occasionally turning it. It was quite lame. Sunday night we went for a night of bowling that turned into a total shit fest. We showed up sober, and after chatting with the manager for a bit she hooked us up with free bowling all night and many, many free drinks. The shots ruined us. Ryan decided to buy Kerry an Absynthe with redbull that it was to be dropped into. Then spiked the jager bombs with Absynthe. Then the manager started buying us ABC's, which is a shooter with 151, absynthe and another very high percentage alcohol. Those employee's were out to ruin our lives, and succeeded. It was the best night here so far, lots of laughs. We have spent a bit of time on the beach here but due to the somewhat shitty weather it has not been beach worthy. The lifeguards here are really friendly, and apparently Australian renowned. They are what the RCMP is to canada in Australia. Surfing has not happened yet but we are both hopefully going to get it done. Last night we got to know a couple really awesome english guys, who got ruined with us and once midnight hit and it was offically Kerry's birthday in Australia, was out to get him losered. Mission accomplished again. Drunken bowling occurred once again and the drinks kept flowing. Lots of fun partying with those boys, introduced us to some drinking games that turned into tonnes of fun. We checked out a place here called Minus 5. It is a bar that is made strictly of Ice, the seats, tables, bar, shelves, even the cups. Everything was ice. Upon entry they gave us coats and gloves, took lots of pictures of us during our stint there. It was the coolest thing I have seen. The people down under are exceptionally nice, albeit thinking we are American's until we correct them. And we are definitely quick to do so. One of our nights here we also checked out a somewhat ritzy pub around our caravan site and pulled out Uno and hit that up. Within minutes our table was filled with women and everyone wanted to get in on the game. Turned into a lot of fun. Apparently people don't do that down under. Even the bouncer came up and said that was a first and high fived us for it.
Also, for those that are wondering about photo's. Because we are using internet cafe's we are unable to upload any photo's until our return. And we also do not have the cables to do so. So upon our return all the photo's will start appearing.

Advertisement



4th November 2008

booonanos.
Unoooooo....my favorite!!! You two are fine representatives!!!

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016kb