Noosa Heads


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
November 12th 2008
Published: November 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Much has occurred on our vacation since the last post. For Kerry's birthday we met up with some of the previously encountered girls from Strike bowling for a night of drunken debauchery. Before meeting them Kerry downed a quarter of a twixer of absynthe and a few beer. Upon arriving at strike bowling the girls were nice enough to purchase us an ABC shot, which is absynthe, 151 and chartreuse. Very potent drink that sent the night downhill from there. Before leaving the bowling alley we had consumed probably close to a dozen shots and half of that in beer. We then went to a place called Melba's, which is a nightclub. Did some dancing, more drinking and lots of picture taking and bullshitting. The night went really well until Kerry two guys decided to get into an altercation with Kerry. One of the guys punched him in the eye. Kerry then snapped and started swinging like a mad man and within ten seconds both guys were on the floor and not getting up. Since there were no bouncers nearby it was not much of a problem for Kerry to sneak away without getting kicked out. Neither of those guys were seen again that night, but then again, neither were any of the people we were with. Good impression? Yup!
The next day we left Surfers Paradise and made our way north, to Brisbane where we spent a night at a really hospitable caravan site. The next morning we were off to meet up with our tour group for Fraser Island. We hit the road and had about a six hour drive to get to Fraser Island, though it was a long one Ryan and Kerry spent the majority of it sleeping. The tour guide was absolutely amazing, he was quirky, funny and very outgoing. He everyone on our bus laughing and conversing with one another, did an amazing job getting everyone acquainted with everyone else. Once on Fraser Island we went for a two kilometer hike to a beautiful lake. On the hike we walked through forest and over a large, hot sand dune only to arrive at what seemed like an oasis. the water was warm and emerald green, it was absolutely beautiful! None of our group wasted any time jumping in and splashing one another, exchanging stories and conversing. On our way there we encountered a dingo as well. Our entire trip we were warned about dingo's, to stay away from them, walk by them certain ways, etc. They are just wild dogs and the farthest thing from intimidating. They are almost laughable as a threat. After we finished splashing around we hiked back to our bus and made our way to the resort wherein we were matched up in rooms of four. We were matched up with a pair of Norwegians, who were awesome roommates. After our tour group had dinner together we all headed back to our room and began drinking and getting to know one another better. Once our tour guide arrived and had downed a couple of drinks we all made our way to the one pub on the island wherein we were introduced to a new drinking game, that our entire group was involved in. We spent the night playing said game on the balcony of the bar, right next to one of two pools at the resort. The game would take forever to explain on here so I will just say this. Lots of chugging was had by all. Kerry had to chug an entire pitcher of beer, others had to chug half a pitcher and many full glasses. The bar closed at midnight and we kept partying until roughly two am. At this point one person jumped into the pool because they screwed up twice at the drinking game, and was fully clothed, then the tour guide stripped to his bathing suit and jumped in, followed by Kerry stripping to his underwear and jumping in. Kerry then jumped out and threw in another person fully clothed then Ryan jumped in, in his underwear which continued on until everyone was in the pool. Many drunken shenanigans were had once in the pool, we all started doing flips and dives into the pool, lots of mooning, throwing one another around. Basically, drunken debauchery in the pool until roughly three am wherein we all called it a night and went to bed. Up at 7am the next morning we quickly ate breakfast and hit the road with our tour group, heading up to Indian Head lookout. It was a beautiful view at the tip of Fraser Island that required a bit of a hike to get to. Well worth the exercise if you ask us. From the top not only did we enjoy a gorgeous view, but got to see a shark, some eagle rays, which are in the same family as manta rays, and a turtle. From there we made our way to a lake where we got to hang out with many, many turtles. Although you cannot swim in the water as the turtles apparently will latch on to you and inflict a decent amount of pain. After we had a lunch our group began making our way to a beach, stopping on the way to enjoy a shipwreck. It had been there for many, many years, completely rusted over, half buried and gutted. It was used for target practice by the Australian government, after it was sold to the japanese who could not drive it home due to lack of man power and when attempted to tow it with a boat 2/3's the size, encountered a storm and had to cut the rope, watching the boat sink. From the shipwreck we went to the beach, which was on a shallow creek with water so pure that you can drink it. It was quite shallow so our entire tour group, wanting to get wet, decided to army crawl down the entire creek to the ocean. After our time at the beach we headed back to the resort where we all got together once again and began playing more drinking games. We played a variation of Kings Cup which got messy. At one point Kerry was conversing with a couple of the other travelers and the topic of speedo's came up. Kerry informed them that he, in fact, had one here. They dared him to wear it out swimming later and Kerry accepted. He then went and put on his speedo under his board shorts and continued playing drinking games. On our last drinking game of the night one of the guys Kerry was talking to about the speedo picked up a rule card, at the beginning of the game, and made the rule that anybody wearing a speedo had to strip down to it and play the entire game in nothing but their speedo. Being that Kerry was the only one with a speedo on, he had to strip. Doing so, he started dancing and taking off the shorts, everyone in the room flashing pictures, hooting and hollering, until Kerry stood there exposed, with nothing on but a fluorescent Orange and fluorescent green speedo. It was something else. The next day, our last on Fraser, we went to another beach and went swimming. The tour guide and Kerry swam out far in the lake and dove to the bottom for handfuls of black mud. Upon returning to the surface and to a shallower part, applied the black mud all over their upper bodies until they were completely black and then ran to the beach, people screaming and running trying to avoid getting black mud all over them, or thrown in the water. The rest of our time at the lake, which had sand so white that you could not look at it when the sun was bright, was spent gabbing with the other patrons. From there we all made the long drive back to Brisbane and went our separate ways.
The following day we made our way to Dreamworld, which is a huge theme park near Surfers Paradise. We got a pass for the theme and water parks. Spent the day on the thrill rides, water rides and screaming obscenities during the pants shitting moments of the rides. Kerry got his picture taken with a Koala and we partook in so many shenanigans that it was surprising that the lifeguards did not eject us.
From Dreamworld we drove to Noosa Heads where we now stay.

Advertisement



12th November 2008

I've been to Dreamworld! Imagine that!! I'm jealous...I'm in Vancouver overlooking Hastings habitat from my fabulous apartment in Chinatown... weeee your blogs are fun to read. lattta.
12th November 2008

lIFE
You ever hear of AA or NA?
22nd November 2008

Dude
You need to learn how to break your paragraphs. 4-5 sentences per. Not 45. 4 to 5.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb