Its along way to Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 19th 2008
Published: April 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Good morning from Sydney

We have made it all the way down the east coast now and to the capital of New South Wales where apparently a third of the population of Australia live. It was quite an eventful drive down here from surf camp but we made it

Anyway back a few days to when I updated this thing last. After that we bumped into Sarah and Mr Flexiable and aimlessly wondered about for a bit and then went back to the hostek to pick up Tom before heading to the most easterly point in Australia for sunset. It was about a 90 minute walk and about 2/3rds of the way there the heavens decided to open and we all get drenched although some random passer by offered me their broken umberalla which was quite useful though a lot of clothes are still drenched 3 days later. The sunset itself was pretty spectacular though not the best we have seen whilst away. It was then a 90 min walk back in the dark and a great hot shower before dinner. We went to the hostels bar that night for a few and then Sarah and Lisa went into town for a night out.

The next morning Sarah and Lisa woke up as hungover as ever and somehow we all made the bus in plenty of time though I still don't know how, and we headed a short 4 hours to Surf Camp. That afternoon at surf camp we had our first surf lessson. Mr Flexiable was amazing at it and Sarah wasn't much worse both standing up for a few seconds quite a few times. Me being as cordinated as I am found it really difficult to start of with but did some good bodyboarding on the board (not what we were suppose to be doing) and actually got up for a few seconds just before the end of the lesson. The beach where we did it had some massive waves (over 1m at a guess) which I soon figured were too big for me to even attempt but when I started going for the smaller ones it started to improve.
That evening we were meant to have a beach party but because of the rain it just didn't happen. So instead we all went round the to the dining area and just drank, Sarah deciding to try and injure Tom by standing all over him. Then all the other 4 (Flexi, Lisa, Sarah and Tom) decided as we were getting woken up at 6am it would be a good idea to head off. I didn't agree with them so stayed up later talking and playing games with the other people there.

At 6am I was woken up as hungover as ever and by 7.30 we were all on our bus to Sydney. By 7.45 our bus had decided it didn't want to work and broke down convinently at a petrol station. we waited for a hour or so there before being rescued by a different Oz experience driver who took us to Coffs Harbour, where we waited till 12.30 whilst they tried to fix the bus and then decided they couldn't fix our bus and tried to find a replacement. Our driver was brilliant and always had a smile on his face but from what i could gather the company were trying to penny pinch which is why it took us so long to get sorted. We made it to Sydney by 9 after an epic drive in the pouring rain (everyone was really nice to the driver and cheered when we made it in) checked into our hostel and went to find food. (Sarah, me, Lisa and Flexi in one hostel, Tom and by now his girlfriend Rachel in another). Me and Flexi went to a bar after food and watched some live cover band who were pretty good.

Last night in the dorm I got woken up at about 3.30 by people coming in from a night out, though they did include me in there 3.30 conversation. Then at 6am an alarm was constantly going off in the room. Then at 7am 4 people were awake and panicing that they slept through their alarm and had now missed their bus (we later found out it was 3 alarms and 1 receptionist trying to find them they slept through. They rushed out of the door to try and work out what to do only to rush back in 1 min later to grab all their sheets to check out with.

Now its about 10 am and Im about to go sightseeing. Catch you later

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb