Partying down the East Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
April 16th 2008
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

Well I know again its been a while but really thats been because I have been having to much fun to write it up, but I thought I better give it a go.

The next morning after I updated last it was yet another early morning to go and sort out our bus to Noosa and then to get on the Greyhound for a few hours to get there. We arrived early in the afternoon and Tom and Sarah went to explore and sort a few things out and me and Lisa went exploring as well. Noosas quite a large town though they still insist on calling it a village, it has a beach that we could actually use and go and swim in the sea which was a novelty as most places are to dangerous further north. Its quite an upmarket place and a very touristy town. In the evening we went to the bar in the hostel for a cheap meal and had a few drinks together which was fun.

Again it was an early and whilst Sarah and Tom headed off to Australia Zoo (Steve Irwins zoo) me and Lisa went to Pedal and Paddle. We got taken up to the top of a local mountain by our guide (Rory who started each sentence with the person who he was talking to first name) looked at the spectacular view accross Noosa then got on our bikes and it was all downhill from there. We started off going stright down along the road and got some good speed up, then it was on a cyclepath which is used in the uphill way for a race each year but we used it downhill. We finished off our cycleride by going offroad and through the forest which was more hardwork but still fun, then it was off to kayaking on the local river. There was both of us in one kayak and we had to try to work together to get the thing to move whilst Rory seemed to put no effort into getting his to move. We went round Sheep Island which was in the middle of the River and then back to the van and got dropped back at the hostel just intime for lunch.
Lisa got a message from Kate saying she was in Noosa so we spent a lot of time in the afternoon Kate hunting and after that didn't work out that well (we didn't find her) we went Koala hunting in the national park which was just as successful. We met back up with Tom and Sarah at the hostel and went to find a supermnarket for dinner and we ended up bumping into Mr Flexiable. So after dinner we all met up in a bar and had a few drinks, and then a few more and met some random Chris whilst playing games and then we drank some more. I think we walked back to the hostel and then all made a bit of noise and had a laugh and then I remember waking up in the same bed as Tom and Sarah, we all woke up with some not very impressive hangovers considering, and it was one of my best nights in Australia.

It was only a short bus journey to Brisbane (we left Mr Flexiable in Noosa), in the afternoon me and Lisa walked around town and one of my Flip Flops broke half way round the walk, after they have lasted so long I was devastated but soon got over it, lol. In the evening me and Tome met up with Tom and Kav who were on my India trip and had a meal with them and they showed us what to do in Brisbane (which is not to much). We all had a good laugh there and then we headed back. The next morning me Lisa and Sarah decided it would be a good idea to hire rollerblades in the middle of the city which was not my smartest idea. Lisa turned back at the first road crossing which I made accross in a very unelegant way and then me and Sarah made it to the Botanic Gardens where we had less people to deal with, though going downhill involved me falling over a lot, but it was very funny. In the afternoon the three of us went for a walk around the city. In the end Brisbane seems to be a very functional city but geared for the tourists at all.

That evening there was a pub quiz, in the first round we were joint first so Sarah had to take part in a drink off which she did really well but still didn't win (she was against 3 guys) and then we kind of gave up. We had made a team with other people in our dorm one of whom remebered me from Staffs Uni and one person we met at dinner time, again after the quiz there was some more alcoholic beverage consumption and me met a new Chris who came to sit with us.

Then yesterday we sorted a few things out in town including getting me new flip flops (a very happy moment) got the bus to Byron Bay, in doing we have now left Queensland and have made it to New South Wales and to Bryon Bay (the most easterly point in Australia). We are staying in the most bizare hostel ever, it has Teepees to stay in, a campsite, digereedo lesons (if we can find them) all in a sort of garden. We have not met back up with Mr Flexiable who inturn met up with one of his friends he met in central Australia. We went to the beach to eat dinner and then headed back to the hostel bar for the night, and so far we haven't done to much today, but I'm sure we will.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb