Here in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 15th 2008
Published: March 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All, Pix Cut and paste http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/5373462992-1205618723-21256/53734

We've been in Sydney the last week and love it. We are staying at our very first Home exchange and it is beautiful. We take the River Cat into downtown Sydney everyday to explore around. We walk about 15 minutes down to the river, the boat comes along and we travel for about 30 minutes on the most beautiful river in the world, stopping at about 8 stops along the way, loading and unloading people. We bought ourselves a Sydney Pass that lets us ride the River Cat, bus, train, hop on hop off bus, the bondi beach bus for no fare. We have certainly taken advantage of it. If we want to go somewhere by the wonderful train system, we just walk for 5 minutes to the bus and then bus to the train station. Bonnie's sister Tana lives close to a train stop so if we visit her or meet her we take the train. You could go anywhere in the whole Sydney area via train or boat. It is amazing.

Hiroko was here on Friday. She flew in, met up with us. We ferried over to Manley Beach, had lunch and sat by the water before returning back to Sydney to say goodbye to her. She flew out the next day. I guess she will be back next Friday but we are off to Perth for 12 days to our 2nd home exchange.

The weather is hot, hot hot. and very humid. It cools down a little at night but not alot. It is about 25 degrees with I think I heard 75% humidy. Apparently very unusual for this time of the year. When we were here for 2 nights in Feb it rained so we are not really complaining.

Larry and I both think that Sydney is probably one of the most beautiful places we have ever seen. We will be back here in early May for a couple of days and early June for some time as well.

Talk soon. email if you have time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb