SYDNEY!! Our home for the next 5 months!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 28th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

G'day everyone!!!

Im finally down under, wahoo!!! Just though i'd fill you in on my first two weeks in Sydney!!! Really LOVE it here, its such an amazing city!! And there are so many cool little suburbs with stuff going on all the time!! Spent our first weekend in Kings Cross in a grotty little hostel :-( It was literally the only one available short notice so just had to put up with it, lol!! Not too bad, the areas pretty... erm... different i have to admit!! Known for its gay community the main street is full of adult sex shops, strip bars, prozzies and a transvestite or two!! Very random! ha ha! No i love it actually its full of life, loads of little cafes and bars! Although one evening on the way to the bottle shop (they dont actually sell alcohol in supermarkets here) we saw about 10 police officers chase down a guy....when they eventually caught up with him, loads of coke fell out his pockets!!!! We were pretty gobsmacked!!

Eventually moved out of the area though, so dont worry too much Mum! haha! Moved to a really nice hostel in Surrey Hills about 15 mins walk into the centre of the city so thats pretty cool!! Really handy too with all the interviews and such ive been to in the last week!! Still no luck though with a job, have joined soooo many agencies so just a waiting game at the moment, although it seems there are lots out there so shouldnt be too long! Keep your fingers crossed for me!! Oooooo which reminds me, we've just put an offer in for a flat and am waiting to hear today....... its pretty small and we're sharing rooms but the locations amazing, only a short walk into the city!! Yesss!! Will have to let you know how that goes......

Have been out a few times, the nightlifes pretty cool! the first weekend we got there, we met up with Kirst which was pretty surreal, really strange seeing her there waiting at a sydney bus stop, lol!! (Shes got such a lush flat already-lucky girl!!) Went to Darling harbour which is really beautiful and buzzing both in the day and evening!! And last weekend i went on a day trip with Kirst and her two flatmates Amanda and Rachel to Watsons Bay and we got some AMAZING photos of the opera house and harbour bridge from the ferry!! Well you can see they're pretty cool!! The circular quay was actually jam packed that day, hundreds of people had come down to see this 'massive historical event' Not really that interesting to us, but pretty cool all the same, too huge cruiseliners, the QE2 and Queen Victoria were passing each other at dock and apparantly they have never been in the same place before, oooooo-er!!! There were tonnes of news helicopters reporting it....maybe you heard about it at home??

This weekend is Sydneys Mardi Gras and we are all soooo excited, gonna be HUGE event, with parades and tonnes of partys etc! Everyone will be dressing up, we've all decided to go as a colour to make up the mardi Gras rainbow flag, pics should look amazing!! Will put them up when i write next!!

Well i think thats kind of it, dont forget to leave comments pleeeease!! hee hee!!

Love you all lots xxxxxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb